Any way to see how many hours or times charged

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Cali65, Jan 16, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Cali65

Cali65 Member

Hi, is there any way to see how may hours or times the Clarity has been charged using plug in charger?
    I only charge at home and unfortunately, I have not logged my charging hours.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bill_m

bill_m Member

If you haven't scheduled a charge, it should start at plug-in time (when the charge indicator stops blinking and stays on). And, hondalink will notify you when the charging stops and display the time.

4. Clarity_Newbie

Clarity_Newbie Active Member

Cali65

Below is a link to one thread (out of a few) that discusses various meters to keep track of your electric usage etc. If you are using the level 1 charger that came with the Clarity...then the Kill-a-Watt or similar brand works well.

https://insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/kill-a-watt-killawatt-and-level-1-charger-numbers.2790/

There are several thread's on the level 1 versus level 2 chargers etc.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

5. Cali65

Cali65 Member

Sorry, that is not what I mean't by hour or times......maybe I worded it wrong

6. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Cali65

Cali65 Member

Perfect, that sounds like just what I would need if the info is not available on the Clarity itself

9. Cali65

Cali65 Member

10. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Alas, the Clarity does not report the times, number, or kWs of our charging. You will need an EVSE that does (like my Charge Point Home) or something like the Kilawatt mentioned above on one that does not.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    ClarityDoc likes this.
  11. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Just ordered the P4460 Kill-A-Watt which now includes a battery. Currently I plug and unplug the level 1 charger before and after use and use an extension cord and will put it between this and the L1 charger. So will be unplugging the Kill-A-Watt after every use.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Cali65

Cali65 Member

Can I ask why you went with this one and did you check out the Floureon TS-836A?
    It also has a built in back up battery and you costs almost 50% less?

14. JCA

JCA Active Member

For 240V chargers, I came across several devices like this for $15-$20 that accumulate kWh: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XRW1ZHK/. They seem to all be similar -- wire in parallel to the outlet (so the device gets voltage), and put a coil around one of the wires to the outlet (so it can capture the current).

If I get a Clarity, I've looked at the Siemens Versicharge because it's fairly cheap and has the ability to set the amperage used (I'll wire a 50A circuit to use the full 32A 7.6kW charging, but would like the ability to set lower in case we ever have issues wanting to charge while the ovens, dryer, microwave, bath heater, and everything else on the same subpanel are on).

Not as seamless as an EVSE with web-based tracking, but those are $150-$200+ more expensive. Ironically, the even cheaper portable L2 charge cords (Jekayla et al) seem to have built-in displays similar to these devices.