Taking Pre-Orders in Canada

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by MCSqrd, Jul 6, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

I think the ones I saw at the dealership had the chrome strip. I may be forced to go for a drive by again tomorrow as they had 4 or 5 parked in the lot yesterday.

Wildeyed likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Wayne Warde

Wayne Warde Active Member

Well spent the better part of the day picking up the car but finally it was done. To start with we had a problem leaving the lot because the car said that the rear door was open and they rushed out to adjust.........stuff, then it worked. It wouldn't go into gear with that light on. then we went out for a short test ride and it was amazing how much fun it is to drive. I have to do much more reading to understand the systems. I love the regen braking and the adaptive cruise control. I am sure that I will become much better with the systems in the coming days and I will keep posting the discoveries as I go along but for tonight I am tired.

Oh yeah I got roof racks...................free !!!!!
    The dealer also told me that three cars went to one person on the island. He said it was a business.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    Shawn Schinkel likes this.
  4. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

Yay! Very good to hear that all went well with your pick up and that you got roof racks tossed in. Looking forward to more stories. Congratulations!

5. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

Brennan Raposo and Wayne Warde like this.
  6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Just picked up my blue Kona this afternoon. The active LKA worked really well on the way home. I will post more on driving experience but I would like everyone’s opinion on whether or not to buy the extended warranty. I did purchase the 8 year 160,000 km warranty for $2,800, but I can cancel within 45 days.
    I think I will cancel because we have 3 years already from Hyundai and there are so few moving parts that
    I don’t have many worries about breakdowns. Hyundai also covers the battery for 8 years without having to pay anything.
    Anybody think extended warranty is a smart move?

Wayne Warde likes this.
  8. WelshCanuck

WelshCanuck New Member

To go along with Wayne's post, here's a couple of pictures I took today. We attempted to test out a charging station at Qualicum but it was a Charge Point and it said it requires its own card? So many new things to figure out!

20190131_154846.jpg
    20190131_145325.jpg
    20190131_154849.jpg
    20190131_170232.jpg
    20190131_164401.jpg

9. Wayne Warde

We got the extended warranty today and it covers so much including rips in the seats parking lot damage to the body and the big one for me was screen of the HUD that is an incredible price not to mention the sunroof that almost always screws up. They also told me if you lost the smart key that it would have to be towed to the dealer and a new key programed at a rate of $140.00 per hour. That warranty covers that as well. I think that if you use that warranty just once it is money well spent.

Brennan Raposo and CJC like this.
  10. chilleeves

chilleeves New Member

Clearly we like black cars

Attached Files:

Brennan Raposo, Wayne Warde and CJC like this.
  11. To remove this ad click here.

12. chilleeves

chilleeves New Member

I also got the 8 year warranty. From what I got from my dealer they stated that the battery and drive train is covered but anything high teach in the car is only covered for 3 years. Figured I would play it safe and get everything covered for 8 so I don't have to workw

Brennan Raposo likes this.
  13. chilleeves

chilleeves New Member

Also forgot to mention not sure if it was only my dealer but if I don't use my warranty over the life of the warranty I get a $2000 credit that I can use for either anything at the dealer or a new car and figure for $845 it's worth it in case anything happens to this very expensive car

Brennan Raposo and Wayne Warde like this.
  14. tran604

tran604 Member

Hyundais warranty on electrical is very limited i believe. first year models I always buy extended warranty. With hyundais extended warranty its transferable and refunded if you dont use the warranty. This was somewhere on my extended warranty card, someone please correct me if im wrong.

they told me $2800 too, ended up only paying $2400.

15. chilleeves

chilleeves New Member

Can confirm that the warranty is transferable

16. Wayne Warde

Yes I was told the same thing.

17. tran604

tran604 Member

Where was your car purchased? I will bug my sales rep for roof racks too :) all I got was a hyundai bag for being the first one in the area.

18. E-Shark

E-Shark Active Member

Hi all,
    I decided to read this thread from page 1, and I must say it was like reading a Soap Opera, my what a roller coaster a lot of you have been on!!! Seems like that first drive has melted away a lot of the pain, for some of you, so that is good news!

CJC, I know you mentioned you sat in one, but I kind of want you to go back to the dealership and actually test drive one. With the beautiful weather we've been having in BC, that would have put a smile and some joy back in you. Most dealerships will let you test drive any cancelled orders, it is just the ones that are sold they don't allow you to drive. I know your white rock dealership had a Galactic grey, and a Black cancelled orders, so get them to let you go on a test drive!!!!!!!! If they don't, go to the other dealership in Surrey or Langley Hyundai. I test drove a Kona EV at Langley Hyundai, and I think they might even have a Ceramic Blue there. This way you will truly know if it is worth the wait.

Bill, do you have any pictures of your ChargePoint charger and set up? Was the quote you got pretty accurate with the final installation price?

Wildeyed, I feel for you! Are you in Ottawa, or closer to Toronto?

Wayne and Welsh, looks pretty sick! I think you might have to register with ChargePoint online and then you should be able to use their stations via the app or maybe they mail you an RFID card?

Wildeyed and Wayne Warde like this.
  19. Wayne Warde

My dealer is on Vancouver island .I didn't know that they had bags........I think I will go back in and ask for one.

20. I'm halfway between Ottawa and Toronto. No-man's land. Also apparently no-hyndai's land.

Brennan Raposo likes this.
  21. I too was going over some old posts. So did CJC and Wayne win or lose their bets? I predicted that something awful would happen on Feb. 14th. My car's due on the 20th so I might still be right!

22. I'm going to Wireton Willie Groundhog Day this one and predict that you have two weeks left before you receive your car, instead of being without it for another two weeks....

Wildeyed likes this.