XM Radio doesn't respond

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Raleigh Ron, Feb 6, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Raleigh Ron

Raleigh Ron Member

I usually drive my 2022 Niro EV with map on large-left section of entertainment screen and XM Radio on the small-right section of screen. Works fine, usually. But just last week, strange thing started happening. I cannot change XM radio station - the right- and left- change-channel arrow/buttons (on small-right portion of XM screen) don't respond anymore. But all other buttons on screen (such as map and menu) work OK.

Even worse, if I press the "Radio" button in dash, which should switch XM radio to the large-left section of the screen, instead I see nothing on left side, while on the right side there's a flashing map (on and off every 5 seconds or so).

I've tried using a pen to reset the entertainment unit, and it restarts OK, but same problem.
    Any other ideas before I contact my local Kia dealer?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Raleigh Ron

Raleigh Ron Member

I was ready to set up an appointment at my local Kia dealer to fix the problem I mentioned above.
    But I read a Reddit posting saying there's a new software update available online, and although I just updated my infotainment/map system in early January, darn it if they weren't right. There was a new version dated Feb 3, 2023, which I decided to install.

While installing it, it told me the maps were the same as the version I currently had, but I went forward and installed it anyway, and the weird infotainment screen flashing and refusal to change XM radio stations were gone! The infotainment screen is working OK again.

Robert Bratton likes this.
  4. Thanks for the tip, Ron. I'm going to try that. I'm 1,500 miles from home, and I don't want to have to find a Kia dealer and go through warranty care. I stopped in to a Hyundai dealer and they said the don't do Kia warranty work, but I could pay for it.

5. Installing the update rix d my infotainment system problems. I don't have to visit a dealer.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk