XC40 Recharge Infotainment system reset

Discussion in 'XC40 Recharge' started by John Kim, Jun 18, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. John Kim

John Kim Member

My Volvo XC40 Recharge had multiple issues, just 2 days after taking delivery of the XC40 Recharge center console crashed and reset to factory default, and lost navigation display in driver side. Even after a few visits to dealer, issues are not fully resolved. You see, for some reason after dealer fixed the driver navigation display issue, the car is stuck in the “guest profile”, I am unable to login.
    Anyone else experience similar issue?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. JT Rock

JT Rock New Member

I have not had that issue. Nor have I ever heard it doing a factory reset on its own. But, I've read that the infotainment screen can crash as well as the navigation. The fix for those are to reboot them:
    • Reboot the infotainment: Press and hold the home button on the center display for 20 seconds.
    • Reboot the cellular modem: Press and hold the Defrost button for 20 seconds, or until the tiny 'LTE' symbol changes in the upper-left corner of the infotainment screen.
    My system has not experienced any of those symptoms yet. But, I did have to perform the reboots in order for the phone app to start working properly.

Concerning it being stuck in the guest profile, it sounds like you need to assign your key to your google profile found in the settings menu of the car.

4. John Kim

John Kim Member

Volvo dealer had to get help from Volvo USA, and reload SW to fix this. Took 3 tickets and 4 calls to have Volvo USA create ticket against dealer to fix this issue. After that no issue, so far so good.

5. John Kim

John Kim Member

6. John Kim

John Kim Member

Oh good, car is now at 568 miles , now AC stopped working.
    80 miles infotainment reset, lost driver side navigation.
    130 miles stuck in guest profile requires full reload of SW.
    586 miles AC stopped working in middle of trip, outside is 95.

7. To remove this ad click here.