Wiring for 120V outlet

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by pnw_ev, Apr 6, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. pnw_ev

pnw_ev New Member

I've got a base model 2022, so it doesn't have the 120V outlet on the console. Looking at the manual, I see that on models with the outlet they tuck the inverter in the wall next to the right rear passenger as shown in the picture. Does anyone know if the wiring for the inverter is there even on models without the 120V outlet?

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. StuartE

StuartE New Member

It would be intuitive for any vehicle owner to think their car is somehow equipped with harnesses for options not ordered, because a future owner may want to add them at a later date. However, from my experience as a supplier to Auto OEMs, it would be unusual for an OEM to install an unused option harness (essentially give a harness away for free). Perhaps you'll hear something different from someone with specific knowledge of Kia's way of doing business.

4. pnw_ev

pnw_ev New Member

Agreed. I'm assuming it's not there, but would love to be happily surprised by someone who knows for sure.

5. Rather than concern yourself with Kia's production planning policies, wouldn't it be more expeditious to look behind said panel?

6. pnw_ev

pnw_ev New Member

Yes, but it's a bit of work to get in there. You've got to remove the rear seat and pop off multiple trim panels, and since the car's leased I need be careful not to damage or mark up anything. We intend to buy it when the lease ends this fall, but in the meantime though I'd see if anyone knew. Cheers.

7. To remove this ad click here.