Windshield Wiper Clicking

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by SeeItAllWithTheClarity, Feb 22, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Has anyone else noticed a clicking sound when activating their windshield wipers? I notice it on the drivers side only, sounds like a fairly audible click coming from the motor/actuator (especially at low speeds).

I took my car in to Honda for A01 service and the technicians told me they spoke to Corporate Honda and they are aware of the issue, but no resolution at this time.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Mine are agreeably silent on both sides.

4. phev_one

phev_one New Member

On mine, the drivers side wiper would sometimes skip on the windshield at the top of its stroke and slap against the windshield trim. Maybe this is the clicking you are hearing? If so, either apply rain-ex to your windshield or change the wiper blades to prevent them from skipping on windshield.

sassnak and Daniel M W like this.
  5. E10

E10 New Member

I heard the same thing recently too. At first I thought it was 100% a relay clicking off/on. Then it went away.

Then I heard it again and I thought I narrowed it down to a sound coming from the wiper blade flipping over at the top of the up stroke to the down stroke.
    Also could have been ice around the wiper arm motor :)

6. y2kisaac

y2kisaac New Member

WOW!! I have been looking forever to find someone else with the same issue. I have had almost every single part in the assembly replaced with that clicking/creaking sound still persisting, so i have given up and just crank the music when im at lower speeds unfortunately, if oyu ever found a solution to this issue id be all ears!

7. To remove this ad click here.