Will these rims/snow tires work on my Clarity?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Mark W, Nov 19, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    Hi all,

I have had my Clarity for three years and just bought out my lease. I had an AWD SUV in prior years that I could use when it was snowy, but no longer have it. My kids need to commute to school in winter so I am getting snow tires for the Clarity for the first time. By doing some research, I found that people strongly suggest to use dedicated wheels with snow tires vs. swapping out on existing rims all the time. So, I am looking into purchasing these. The lug pattern is a match for the Clarity at 5 x 114.3. Center hub for Clarity is 64.1. On these wheels, they have hub rings on them that are 60.1. The person selling them does not know what the bore size is without the rings. He only said that they would be "way bigger" than 60.1. I read that many aftermarket rings are 70mm? I assume I would be able to find hub rings for them that would work with the Clarity? What do you guys think?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/294655322519569/

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    Nevermind... I read the size wrong. The diameter of these tires are too small for the Clarity!

4. northof49ev

northof49ev Member

I put 215/55/17 Blizzaks on mine and they fit perfect. Did not even have to recalibrate the tpms system. That is the factory recommended size.

5. Kailani

Kailani Member

I have a set of Michelin Ice-X on rims that I used on my 2018 Clarity one season here in Connecticut that I want to sell. I bought a 2021 Clarity in February but with the pandemic and without much snow I never put them on last season. They have about 2,500 miles on them (40k warranty). Since I just sold my car to CarMax I was about to put them on Craigslist. They come with the extender lugs. Let me know if you’re interested. If I remember you are also in CT.

View attachment 14154 View attachment 14155 View attachment 14156

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  6. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    Can anyone else see the pictures? Do I need to be a subscriber to see them? Thanks.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

Nope... I can't see them either. Something seems to be wrong with the post.

9. Kailani

Kailani Member

sorry, they were coming up locked after I posted so will try them one at a time. IMG_1315.JPG IMG_1313.JPG IMG_1315.JPG IMG_1311.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs View attachment 14168

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
    Mark W likes this.
  10. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    Thanks Kailani!