VTL Vehicle-To-Load adaptor

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by CharlesBranch, Apr 19, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I have been trying to find out more about the VTL vehicle-to-load adaptor for my SE. That was one reason I first thought about the Ford Lightning, but I finally decided it wasn't important enough to wait before I could order one. I didn't even know that the Ioniq 5 has VTL, although on a smaller scale than the Lightning. I keep finding conflicting information, but that may be because of differences in models in the U.S., Europe, Canada, etc. This video at 36:12 minutes indicates that the adaptor will work on any Ioniq 5, although only the limited comes with an ac receptacle in the rear seat. But the cost of the adaptor seems a bit unclear. From what I have read it is something over $549 from Hyundai. But I stumbled on this one on EBay for $269: https://tinyurl.com/3f3dmv7d I don't know if it is a genuine Hyundai part or whether it is OK to use. Has anyone looked into this issue for U.S. owners? I tried searching the forum, but the search for "VTL" produced no hits--even though I have seen a few posts that mention VTL.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. The one indicated is for Europe (220V) not 120V. The add says to use a transformer. I would at this point order one through the dealer, providing your model is equipped.

4. Oops, I should have noticed that on the connector. I suppose one could use an adaptor, but it would make more sense to try to find the correct one.

5. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

You could just buy a portable solar generator for the same price as a V2L adapter. Then you could have V2L (G2L) on a Hyundai Accent or any ICE vehicle!

If you have a limited trim, you could use an extension cord under the rear seat 16A outlet?

6. Christopher Beer

Christopher Beer New Member

If you have the limited trim, a V2L adapter is included.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Crash

Crash Member

Limited trim cars do not include the external V2L adapter (yes to the underseat thing which I assume is not called an adapter).

9. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Well if you really just want to buy a vehicle for a 120V outlet then just get a Ford F-150 hybrid Pro Power Onboard or a Toyota Highlander Hybrid & Sienna with the 1500W (120V) outlets. The other option is a solar generator.

10. Christopher Beer

Christopher Beer New Member

I stand corrected. I thought the V2L info on the Limited trim of the Hyundai website referred to the external adapter, but closer reading of the fine print shows that it only means the back-seat plug.