Using high tech to get out of a very narrow garage

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by ozy, Feb 4, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ozy

ozy Active Member

Just purchased an Ioniq 5 2024 and was caught a bit off guard at how wide it is. We have a very tight garage and my wife is a bit nervous at moving it in and out of there. I activated the two little buttons on the right side to assist in the reversing and to provide a 360 camera view. This helps a lot but there is an awful amount of beeping, warning images of yellow/orange/red zones in various places etc. All this commotion makes her even more nervous. Ultimately I advised her to move into the garage slowly and to use the little button near the mirror control section which folds both side mirrors inwards. This makes getting into the garage very easy because there is no way of scraping the mirrors against the side. Reversing out of there is more difficult but I advised her to not fold the mirrors in the first stage of the process because they can help, but to fold them just as she clears the door. I'm also thinking of not using the features that create all the noise and alarms. Any advice from anyone else who has experienced this issue?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. You get used to those noises and then they don't bother you. We have 2 cars in our garage and it is a little tight, so we have to be careful. But have long gotten used to the noises, and they don't bother us now. Having said that, there may be a setting to lower the volume, not sure, but have never bothered looking for it.

4. Ed V

Ed V New Member

I have a low tech solution. The humble tennis ball. Hang it from the ceiling of the garage so that when you align it with the back of the Rear view mirror, you are not only equidistant to the sides but the front and the back. I did this for my wife, works like a charm.

dark night and Sandroad like this.