To answer Kyle 'end EV subsidies'

Discussion in 'General' started by bwilson4web, Oct 30, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

My first thought, "So Kyle, you want to review ICE cars now?"

I can sympathize that EVs are so much better, reviewing ICE cars would give you new and different experiences. For example, your big van is different from the quiet, powerful EVs that seem to bore you today. Go for it!

Please ignore the orders of magnitude reduction in parts. Please ignore the easily integrated safety systems that save lives and avoid injuries. Please join the EV skeptics who want you to review their Pieces Of S*ft (POS). Yes, go to the ICE world and find employment with the traditional, well paid, auto-journalism world. Seriously, don't let the door hit your butt on the way out.

As for subsidies, Tesla has done quite well with 'sofa change' from emission credits. Purchase credits are nice but not necessary and ending them will help kill the new Tesla competition. That works for me, a TSLA stock holder.

Bob Wilson

ps. To be accurate, I've grown tired of Kyle's excessive use of superlatives in his reviews. I'm not getting the boring, engineering facts and data I crave. Fluff belongs in the 'ads' that interrupt YouTube videos.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

To me, a lot of what he looks at isn't of interest to me any more. Performance, track, racing, or off-road? He loses me on this stuff. I guess there are some who do care.

But that being said, there are only so many new EVs out there. Next year, Nissan, Hyundai will have new EVs , and the F150 lightning is going to be huge. Until then, he needs to produce content of some sort.

There is someone else whose name escapes me who does detailed tests with towing - thats something that I can at least contemplate doing from time to time.

4. Paul K

Paul K Active Member

Actually I'm all for a conditional ending to EV subsidies. The condition being that all subsidies, tax breaks and exploration grants to fossil fuel companies would end as well. Ev subsidies amount to chump change in comparison to fossil fuel molly coddling.

IanH, Esprit1st and ericy like this.
  5. Exactly! No end to EV subsidies without an end to ice subsidies! Period!

IanH likes this.
  6. SouthernDude

SouthernDude Active Member

Kyle said to end EV subsidies? Awesome. lol

Any supposed subsidies towards fossil fuels today were put in place by the people who complain about it today, so no sympathy from me. Not a single one of you who says this actually believes in removing any of these subsidies as a whole.

Esprit1st likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.