Tips for convincing local business to install chargers

Discussion in 'General' started by Rothgarr, Jun 6, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Member

Ordering my Model 3 this weekend.

I have solar on my roof and overproduce enough to still charge a car and break even. But it would be nice if some places in my area had chargers for their customers to use.

Are there any links/tips/incentives to help try to convince a business (like the grocery store, the gym, etc.) to consider investing in charging stations? (regardless if it's Tesla charger, or J-1772, etc.). It would be great if they were free to their customers, but even pay charging is scarce in my area.

If it helps, I live in Connecticut

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Check the IRS tax code. It used to be $1,000 credit for home installation and $10,000 for a business. In my case, I approached the owner of a drug store I've been doing business with since 1985. He put in the circuit and I put in the JuiceBox 40 Pro and mobile hotspot for management. It is configured to charge 6AM to 11PM with a maximum 8 kWh charge session.

Bob Wilson

4. BC-Doc

BC-Doc Member

I charged my Kona on the free fast charger we have in the downtown core of our community last week. While waiting the 45 minutes for it to charge, I spent approximately $35 in three local small businesses. Not bad for economic spinoff from a free charger.