The Truth About Trials

Discussion in 'Rav4 Prime' started by Steven B, Apr 29, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

I don't believe I've ever seen a manufacturer with more fine print than Toyota has tied to the features that come with this vehicle and it's options.

Assuming I pay Toyota only once on the day I drive it home, can someone clearly explain:

1) The ability to check charge state, initiate or stop charging via an app is free for how long?

2) The ability to turn on the climate control system via an app is free for how long?

3) The functioning of the navigation system in the as-sold condition is free for how long?

4) Are the various trial periods tied together or must three or four separate subscriptions be maintained to keep the full functionality that I had when I drove off the lot?

Is there a Toyota webpage that clearly explains all the trials for this vehicle beyond the footnotes in the build detail?

If the hotspot service is a trial, does that mean that I can add the vehicle to my existing account with my wireless provider or must I always pay Toyota for hotspot service? What wireless technology is this vehicle capable of?

Thanks

2. To remove this ad click here.