The 2022 SE has been previewed and I have a question,

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by moff1959, Feb 1, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. The burning question for the 2020 and 2021 owners is will that front grill section on the 2022 with the body colored strip fit the earlier models?

I am not a big fan of the grey front grill section nor do I like the yellow "E" badging, just my personal taste. I would like to change mine out for the 2022 look with either the color of the car chili red or a white to match the roof and mirrors.

Anyone know if it will fit? or have any thoughts on the subject.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

I'm going to say no it will not. The grille has grown in size. What I am unsure of is are the hoods the same or different too? If so you'll need new hood, grille and bumper to replace.

Keep in mind you can have your grille painted or wrapped in vinyl to match or be whatever you want. You can also vinyl over the plug to make it less noticeable.

I am waiting to hear about the pulse spoke wheel size before I move on with ideas. I'll either chrome delete everything or just do the grille and boot handle if pulse spokes can come in 17s

insightman likes this.
  4. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I'd say at the very least you'd have to replace the front skirt/bumper to get the new grill, but because the fog lights are elminated I don't think it's going to be a simple replacement. I also wonder where the pedestrian warning speaker is now, as well. In the 2020/2021 SE it's near the driver side fog light.

5. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

Over on reddit somebody's posted a pic of their 2020 or 2021 with the grey closed-off grill replaced with one from a non-S ICE. Maybe that's another option?

6. Puppethead

I'd like to see that, I was considering doing that mod. I like the looks of the non-S grille, wonder how it would look on an SE.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Matt from Tech Forum is a guy who is on this forum did a YouTube video he swapped out his front grill for a ICE S black grill and it looks great, looking at the 2022 front grill yes it is deeper but it is double framed and looks like the middle section is the same as the previous models. I guess we will have to see one in the flesh to get some measurements to be sure.

9. Puppethead

insightman likes this.
  10. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Badges?

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Those 18" Pulse Spoke rims certainly are dramatic. Unfortunately, I don't believe there are any MINI rim styles that come in multiple diameters. I'm still perplexed about the SE's 16" Electric Revolite rims that are wider than the older (non-electric?) 16" Revolite rims.

13. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

They have in the past on different JCW wheels. Even my wheels have an apparent 16 inch snow package equivalent. Just looked on MINI's accessories page.

14. Puppethead

It's a MINI thing, I think originally from rally racing. There's also adding driving lights (pretty sure the covered MINI object at the edge is a driving light).

[​IMG]

bldxyz likes this.