Tesla hit VW's 5 year Market Cap average today,

Discussion in 'General' started by 101101, Jan 3, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

And Tesla exceeded VW's early October (2019) market cap today. Guessing Tesla may be VW's market cap in a few days when Tesla announces 4th quarter profits. Not surprising but shows how wrong and backward Cowen is. Cowen said deliveries wouldn't make it and stock will be cut in half but instead Tesla exceeded deliveries target and stock jumped. Cowen and other shills say there is a demand problem but deliveries jumped 45% last year and 50% this year and Tesla was the best performing auto stock of the decade. When will people put these paid liars on ignore.

Here is the bigger trend. Petrol stocks in the S&P 500 have 1/5 the market cap they had not so long ago. Even having a president under duress from foreign and domestic petrol interests trying to kick the price on fossil fuels does nothing. It is no longer possible to hide what everybody knows. Petroleum is no longer needed for anything, and it was never necessary to use it for much! It is literally needed for nothing, there is always a cleaner alternative and if you need carbon you can pull it from the air. In the case of energy where petroleum is newly selected that requires a fraud and a fool because green is permanently radically cheaper and fossil fuels are permanently inherently more expensive (simple physics) and the kind of tech required to fix that would only make petrol more categorically obsolete. You literally have to be radically ripped off to use petrol for energy now and calling petrol an energy industry or energy company is like calling the cotton gin slavery based South a textile industry or calling it: the textile industry. Fossil fuel rent seeker pimps are in the position of having their customers suddenly become immune to their product. Not needed for energy, not needed for chemicals, not needed for materials, not needed for lubricants or coatings not needed for drugs or pesticides- just not needed anymore at all there are always cleaner and cheaper sources, increasingly in point of sale terms but always in total terms. The tipping point has been reached already. Peak oil is now in the past- they've been trying to hide it, trying to keep the denial going. If you look at stuff like diabetes- what is the source of the epidemic- easy petroleum fertilizers and pesticides. What about cancer, again easy unnecessary use of petroleum derived chemicals additives in food, body products, containers and leaching into ground water. This industry is headed for unlimited unmitigated liability. We won't be talking about climate change denial the will be no denying who pays the bill for the destruction and tax havens won't be havens and there won't be pension funds public treasuries to take hostage. It is no longer too big to fail its programmed to fail, is failing and must fail, but the future damage can be limited to the people who caused it.

There has been 11 trillion in petroleum divestment already but soon there will be no outside private or public money for petroleum exploration, extraction, processing, manufacturing, no finance, no insurance, no speculating aside from shorting it. Soon the protection money rent seeking contracts will be voided. There will be no subsidies, no continued loss socializing and no secret policy supporting petroleum, and no bailouts just confiscated profits to cover the endless externalities and damage 7 unnecessary decades of petroleum have created in the name of unnecessary rent seeking and deflation propping to protect the idle non-contributing parasitic rich.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Source: http://www.thisdayinquotes.com/2010/06/reports-of-my-death-are-greatly.html

Mark Twain was undecided whether to be more amused or annoyed when a Journal representative informed him today of the report in New York that he was dying in poverty in London...
    The great humorist, while not perhaps very robust, is in the best of health. He said:

“I can understand perfectly how the report of my illness got about, I have even heard on good authority that I was dead. James Ross Clemens, a cousin of mine, was seriously ill two or three weeks ago in London, but is well now. The report of my illness grew out of his illness.
    The report of my death was an exaggeration.”

Technology is helping to replace fossil fuels just as fossil fuels replaced bone and muscle over a century ago. At age 70, I'm enjoying seeing the conversion ... if our species doesn't achieve extinction or blow ourselves up.

Bob Wilson

101101 likes this.
  4. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Meant to say I expect Tesla to be the #2 market cap automaker within a few weeks. And I guess I expect it to be the #1 within a year. It stands to increase its sales by 50%-100 percent or more in 2020.

What the Model S & Model X teach us about demand in context and what will happen with Tesla next is quite interesting. Tesla did a tiny revision and got a huge spike on these continuously improving vehicles. Given the segment purchase price I doubt the expiring remaining nominal incentive mattered. It just totally emptied inventory- which ICE maker has done anything like that?

But here is what has to be absorbed. Tesla wasn't just the best performing auto company of the decade, no, that was only icing on the cake, what totally justified that was Tesla utterly destroyed the competition Mercedes Benz, BMW, Lexus and Audi in their highest tech, highest margin segment globally with a mere 2 Models for about 10 years with S and for the past 5 years with S &X with no advertising and there wasn't a damn thing they could do about it. And it did this from the position of an upstart. That is the demand future. Last year and this year is been doing that with the Model 3 in the Mid market globally. It is about to do the same thing with 3 & Y to the mid market and it is already hitting Camry and Accord- even starting to hit Civic with these. Yes Civic! It reaches down that low. It will also do this with F150 with Cyber. I am sure its already started to hit F150 sales. But SpaceX's performance is even better and Starlink will hit hard and Tesla energy is also a stronger prospect. Tesla on self driving same sort of dominance. I am pretty certain they will hit other aspects of freight as well and the self driving will translate into robots even further. It really doesn't matter for instance what Apple does with its iPhones anymore (the ear buds were nice) but the interest in Apple seems over- what Tesla does on its screens is more important.

Here is a test that can be done now to slam the F150 in a way that can't be spun. Remember when the Model X beat the Alpha Romeo C while pulling another Alpha Romeo C on a big ole trailer in a drag race. Yes the Model X beat a new Italian Sports car while pulling a copy of it on a big heavy trailer. Well load up two trailers with that Alpha Romeo C and hitch 1 to a Model X and the other to any model Ford truck and repeat that race. Same result! Tesla will soon have about 1 million vehicles on the road- for them because its such a compelling product offering in so may areas I expect the tipping point will come then- is always been hauling with out advertising. Remember 33 million followers etc., its coming up on the tipping point quick.

5. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Mark Twain later "tweaked" this quote to read "Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated," which is one of my all-time favorite quotes. I often remember that quote when I read claims from hardcore Tesla bashers that Tesla is getting close to financial collapse.
    ;)

bwilson4web likes this.