Taking Pre-Orders in Canada

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by MCSqrd, Jul 6, 2018.

1. MCSqrd

MCSqrd New Member

Domenick likes this.
  2. Domenick

Domenick Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for letting us know. Looking at that link, it doesn't specify that it's going to only be available in specific provinces, which is good. Here, it seems California and maybe a few other states with similar clean air legislation are getting the initial ones. And even there, they aren't taking deposits yet.

As a side note, I just saw a gas-powered one here yesterday and thought it looked pretty sharp from the outside. Of course, the Electric has a different nose on it, but still kind of exciting.

3. MCSqrd

MCSqrd New Member

Just read your article, glad to get the message out. It does look like it'll be the 64 kWh version as the website really only gives you the "Ultimate" package option.
    I took the ICE Kona for a test drive last week when I put down my deposit. It drives well and I like the overall design but I'm really looking forward to seeing how the EV version compares in terms of torque, the center of balance the battey gives it and the shift by wire tech.
    And of course the true test will be the commute home during a snow storm!

Domenick likes this.
  4. Domenick

I heard that! I'm a little disappointed it's not all-wheel-drive, but if they've done traction control well, it should still do well enough in the snow. Definitely helps keep the price down.

Interestingly, the official specs list drive type as FWD, but then later, in the weight section, it seems like it could be a future feature.

Hyundai Kona FWD.jpg
    Hyundai Kona weight.png

5. Bill MacDonald

Bill MacDonald New Member

I also paid my $1000 deposit this week. My concern at the moment is colour. The web page does not offer all of the colours that are available for Kona EV in other countries. It also doesn't allow for a two tone roof. I'm hoping that the choices become available before I have to commit to a final order, but I think it's likely that Hyundai has deliberately limited the choices in order to meet the pre-order demand quickly.
    Also, if anybody has a suggestion for the best home charger, I would love to have that input.

Domenick likes this.
  6. Domenick

Check out this thread, which was just started today by someone looking for a home charger.