SOS Call?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by PRGDénia, Feb 12, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. PRGDénia

PRGDénia Member

So returned to the car after it had been parked up for about 5 minutes.
    Hit the start button and then pressed the driver aircon only button to turn it off. There was then a couple of loud chimes and the sound of a phone ringing. Then I was being asked which service I needed; police fire or ambulance? So it seems that the car made an unprompted call to 112 without any request from me? The call was also made on the car's own internal mobile simm it seems as there was no outgoing call registered on my phone? Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea what might have triggered it please?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. That's The OnStar system. It's as if you pushed the button on the rear view mirror with the red warning symbol on it.

Did you maybe bump it when getting in the car?

PRGDénia likes this.
  4. PRGDénia

PRGDénia Member

Yes, I did check that. There's a plastic cover over it. That was still closed. It's impossible to push the button without opening it first?

5. Hmmm, in mine it's just a button like the garage door opener one, right next to it.

PRGDénia and R P like this.
  6. Haha, yeah, I haven't had the nerve to press it to test it. I have in a past car, and sure enough a live person came on, even though my subscription had lapsed.

PRGDénia likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. PRGDénia

PRGDénia Member

Don't know if the regs are different here in Spain but on my 2020 model Style it's a red button behind a flip down clear plastic cover. It's impossible to accidently press it without deliberately flipping the cover down first.

electriceddy likes this.
  9. Interesting difference, makes sense, though.

electriceddy likes this.