Shingels vaccination

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bwilson4web, Oct 26, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Rather than cut-and-paste from the original thread:
    https://priuschat.com/threads/shingles-vaccination.229039/
    1. Shingels vaccine has a reputation for side-effects. If these had been evident in the COVID-19, there would be justification for the cowardly, traitors denying the vaccines.
    2. I certainly felt the side effects as did many of my fellow PriusChatters.
    We all know the FUD spread by Russian-allies and Murdoch idiots is a pure fabrication. Personally, I won't bat an eye at any of them who die alone in the ICU the so dearly deserve. A Darwin Award to them all. The sooner they are gone, the better.

Shingels vaccination is rougher than any I've ever had. It is on the level of the Swine Flu shot. But knowing the effects, get the shot late on a Friday afternoon and drive directly home. Then you'll have that evening and the weekend to recover.

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SouthernDude

SouthernDude Active Member

lol. Showing your true colors here.

I got my immunity from chicken pox from a pox-party when I was a child.

4. You only have temporary immunity and can get chicken pox later in life.
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/shingles/symptoms-causes/syc-20353054
    My brother had it quite a few years ago, and holy crap, he went through hell for many months. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemies. I took the shingles vaccination route, twice now, as they keep improving the vaccine. It does not have high efficacy like many other vaccines. So it is worth repeating. I sure hope I never get it.

But I am a little disturbed by Bob's ruthless death wish for those who do get it. I saw that in some other posts. Very much a heartless deranged man with his non nonsensical and hateful ranting.

While you (SD) and I disagree about vaccinations, at least we can respectfully and thoughtfully discuss it, without resorting to hate language.

5. SouthernDude

Oh. Didn't realize that. Guess I'll get it when I'm over 50 or something then. Still a ways off before I have to think about that. lol

This is just what progressivism is. It became clear to me and all the decent former progressives over the past few years that this sense of extreme self-righteousness and spitefulness is what progressivism is.

Our disagreement is really just over the strategy with the covid vaccine. That's it.

6. bwilson4web

It is the unvaccinated COVID-19 tying up ICU beds that I object to. Famous last words, "I wished I'd gotten the vaccine."

Discussing the technical aspects of vaccines and COVID-19, no problem. But claiming their 'rights' include polluting the air I breath in my nose, no way. Sharing the same disinformation to persuade others to not vaccinate, might as well be a Putin/Murdoch puppet:
    Untitled.jpg
    Tuesday, October 26, local news report from Decatur AL. Perhaps @SouthernDude is in this group? Perhaps @SouthernDude convinced some of them to protest? Employment is optional, COVID-19 does not care.

I have no patience with anti-vax advocates as they have the blood of today's COVID-19 dead on their hands.

As for shingles vaccine, knowing the side effects, it is easy to handle them. I won't be going to the hospital either from the vaccine or shingles.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SouthernDude

Absolutely false. If someone doesn't automatically think that the entire population needs to be vaccinated for covid, you screech misinformation. You cannot claim to want to discuss the merits of vaccination unless you are willing to engage with the idea that ~100% doesn't need to be vaccinated.

Cool. Now show the age and the underlying conditions these people may have. I guarantee it's mostly older people and people who have chronic health problems (many of them preventable).

Nah. I suspect that most of those 'quotes' are made up propaganda.

You are out of your mind if you think that a healthy 30 yr old has some major risk of hospitalization from covid.

If you don't like the air in Alabama, then move away and take your attitude with you.

9. bwilson4web

Not mentioned was how AutoPilot saved me and the car.

I first noticed the sleepiness about a mile down the road after lunch. Fortunately, I drive all the time using AutoPilot which kept the car in lane and traffic aware cruise control handled traffic. With Navigate On AutoPilot, the car gave left-right directions and supported safe, automated lane changes. When I got to the destination parking lot, I parked and hit "Recline" to take over an hour long nap.

AutoPilot is standard on all Teslas. In contrast, my understanding is similar Automated Driver Assistance packages are limited to certain trims, require an additional option costing thousands of dollars, and geofenced so they won't work on urban streets.

AutoPilot is the vaccine against car crashes.

Bob Wilson

10. bwilson4web

Curious, I come here to read and share facts and data:
    • Personal experience - recent testimony.
    • Cited credible and peer reviews - these have metrics, not ‘wishful’ rumors.
    I’m not expecting anything else and turn up the ‘squelch’ on trolls and Russian and Murdoch propaganda sources.

If you don’t want my posts, use ‘ignore user’ and we’ll both be happy.

Bob Wilson

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. SouthernDude

[​IMG]
    Like this data? lol