Selling tires

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Tek_Freek, Apr 12, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I am in Las Vegas.
    New tires this week. We had a flat that went unnoticed and the car was driven for a while. There is a "ridge" cut all the way around the tire and it has a slow leak. It cannot be repaired.

We are buying five Continental Pure Contact LS 245 /45 R18 100V XL BSW so we will have a matching spare. The new spare will reside in the back of the Sorento until we take long trips. It also negates the need for the donut spare we bought.

As a result we will have three good tires (less than 7k miles) and a donut spare. If I get offers here I'll keep the tires for sale. If not I'll probably see if Discount Tire will keep them because I'm not planning on storing them. Price? I'm not certain. I guess it depends on what I'm offered and whether it's worth the effort to get them to a buyer.

The donut is unused. I want what I paid for it. $119.00. You pay shipping or pick it up.

donut 2.jpg donut.jpg

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Dr. Kris

Dr. Kris New Member

Where were you two weeks ago! I had a nail in the sidewall of one of my tires, un-repairable, and replaced it with with a Yokohama for $180. Would much rather have replaced it with the slightly used Michelin A/S.

4. Jeff Herzka

Jeff Herzka New Member

I’m interested in your tires.

5. I have someone coming today to look at them. I will post whether he buys them or not. If you're not local this biggest problem is shipping cost. I took the donut spare to FedEx and they told me $56. I would expect the tires to be more.

I should know by early to mid afternoon.

6. Tires have been sold. Timing is everything as usual.

7. To remove this ad click here.