SE Parking Assist video

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Brewer Fan, Aug 7, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Brewer Fan

Brewer Fan Member

I’m trying to find a video that shows how to use parking assist with a SE. All I can find are videos with the gas Mini. I would think it’s a little different with the SE. Thx!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. endquote

endquote Active Member

No, I think it's the same.

I was very frustrated with it not engaging at first, until I realized you had to tick the little checkbox on the parking screen to engage it. Then just flip the toggle switch whenever you start a parking search.

Now I love it and use it all the time.

4. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

I agree - from my understanding it's the same thing. I have this feature and have never tried it! Rarely need to parallel park in my area of the world.

SameGuy likes this.
  5. MarkSasaki

MarkSasaki Active Member

This might be video worthy... Your videos are great! Think about it...

GvilleGuy and MichaelC like this.
  6. Is this what you're looking for?:

MichaelC likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Well that's interesting. The parking assist does the steering, but you have to provide the braking and forward/reverse shifting. I do think it might work better in the SE using the one-pedal driving.

9. Brewer Fan

Brewer Fan Member

Not really, this is not just for electric

10. Brewer Fan

Brewer Fan Member

That’s why I was hoping there was a video showing the SE

11. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I also don’t need to parallel park very often, but it looks like this would be much easier with the SE than with any ICE car, because it doesn’t creep on the idle.

teslarati97 likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Manual ICE vehicles don't creep. ;)

It's just more of a pain in the rear end parallel parking on slope with manual.

SameGuy likes this.
  14. I think I saw a video somewhere of someone using the parking assist in europe as far as straight backing into a parking slot (and probably the ability to use the sonar sensors to park into a parking slot too..) ... I hardly parallel park myself but I think Europe got more features than we did. Anyway nice feature to have at least when the time comes.

15. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

If I can find a spot in my town that has parallel parking practice barriers set up, I'll grab a video of the process. I would not want to try and set up cameras in a live parking environment!

MichaelC and Matt007b like this.