Registration scammers not even trying

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by petteyg359, May 11, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

It's about time to renew the registration on my car for the first time, and of course the scammers see all the public records and jump on it. They obviously failed to think through using one template for all cars. Where's my turbocharger? I wonder if they send the same thing to Tesla owners, who also don't have a few of these things. At least they got the picture right.

clarity scam.jpg

Cash Traylor, Mowcowbell and k b like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

I would love to be at the head of the line to toss a burning torch on their call centers.

Cash Traylor likes this.
  4. petteyg359

It's unfortunate they didn't include a postage-paid envelope to send a response. Every mortgage or car or appliance "warranty" letter I get that appears scammy and does have a return envelope, I make sure to return something in that envelope. Make them pay to keep the USPS alive :p I need to source some heavy weights to put in those envelopes so they'll have to pay more.

4sallypat and Kerbe like this.
  5. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

https://www.amazon.com/KRT-Lead-Sheeting-Sheet-Rolls/dp/B01I289NPY/ref=sr_1_1

insightman likes this.
  6. petteyg359

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Remember to forget to write your return address on the envelope.

Cash Traylor likes this.
  9. phev_one

phev_one New Member

I guess its the same marketing firm that Porsche used in naming the Taycan Turbo S