Radar blocked warning

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by electriceddy, Aug 14, 2019 at 4:42 PM.

1. electriceddy

electriceddy Well-Known Member

2. BlueKonaEV

BlueKonaEV Active Member

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 5:23 PM
  3. KonaTom

KonaTom Active Member

I had it last February while driving in a blizzard. Snow blocked radar

4. electriceddy

I didn't know there was an error message for camera, but interesting to know.
    I think the blocked radar message refers to the black square below the front license plate (if you have one), maybe I should say below the 278 dimples.

5. BlueKonaEV

BlueKonaEV Active Member

Never noticed a sensor at that location. The measage was refering to a camera which likely is integrated in the device connected to the rear view mirror.

6. BlueKonaEV

BlueKonaEV Active Member

Here is the message I git.. image396.jpg

7. electriceddy

You can feel (and see) the wires behind the square.
    I believe the camera sees the road lines and the front radar senses vehicle ahead

8. electriceddy

Back to the manual I guess, not now-later. (Snowbirds to perform in Nanaimo in a few minutes)

9. BlueKonaEV

BlueKonaEV Active Member

Looked for the square below where the license plate goes and I don't see a square.. There are the holes where the license plate frame was but no sensors. There is something in the Hyundai emblem but I believe that this is an LED. 20190814_220100.jpg

10. KonaTom

KonaTom Active Member

It’s just below the dimpled area, about 10 cm wide and 8 cm high, but in your case I can’t see it for sure. Maybe you don’t have FCA. Or at least only camera assist which will not offer braking I don’t think.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 10:25 PM
  11. apu

apu Active Member

[​IMG]

Its part of the adaptive cruise control system, I guess its only available on the Ultimate model in the US.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019 at 2:24 AM
  12. BlueKonaEV

BlueKonaEV Active Member

I believe that FCA does brake the car. That radar is most likely for the adaptive cruise control.
    BTW, I got the "Camera obscurred" warning again today.. Windshield was fogging up this morning as it was very humid and I got the warning but it went away by itself.

13. BlueKonaEV

BlueKonaEV Active Member

I did some research and it appears that the radar is used for pedestrian detection and adaptive cruise control while the camera is used for the FCA..