Phone contacts

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Paul DeLeon, Mar 20, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Paul DeLeon

Paul DeLeon Active Member

2019 Ultimate. Recently the contacts vanished from the Konas memory. Contacts and calls are on the phone as always. Phone connects with Bluetooth OK for calls. Just blank on contacts and prior calls. I tried connecting with USB, no difference.
    Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Just remove your phone and sync it back it into the car. That solved it for me. It’s like rebooting your computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. MSimpsonNJ

MSimpsonNJ Active Member

Anyone know how many contacts it will hold, i.e. is there a limit? (There has to be)

5. Paul DeLeon

Paul DeLeon Active Member

Turned out it was the Privacy Mode.
    Privacy means no one can see your contacts, not even you.

6. BaylorBob

BaylorBob Active Member

I had a 2020 Kona Ultimate EV. The same thing happened to me. I went to the dealer and had him link his phone to the car and the same thing happened so we knew my phone (or his) was not the problem. It had to be the car electronics. He then ran a test on the Cars Phone memory and said the test came back as corrupted or no memory available. They then ordered a new "Radio Head Unit". What is this you ask? It is the entire Screen unit that contains everything that controls the Radio, Navigation, Climate Control, Widgets, and Icons. It is easy to remove. I didn't watch them do it but the tech told me it was a simple matter of removing a few screws, lifting the screen up and disconnecting a cable, and then replacing it with a new unit. The Dealer ordered a new Head unit which came in 2 weeks later then he called me and I went there and they installed it in less than 30 minutes. This was in December of 2019. Parts were readily available. That may not be the case now. (See * note below). In June 2021 Hyundai bought my 2021 car back and I leased a new 2021 Hyundai Kona Ev Ultimate with the same interior and exterior colors. (To find out why read my previous posts where I explain in great detail how the Changing of the Radio Head to fix the Phone Memory changed the look of the entire system). * In early October 2021, someone tapped my rear bumper when they took their foot off the brake causing a camera to break and the under panel to bend out of shape. I waited 6 Weeks for those parts while the car was in the body shop. I met numerous people at Enterprise Rent a Car that were returning or exchanging their rent cars (all makes and models) who were waiting or had waited 2 months for their parts.

7. To remove this ad click here.