Nice XPENG P7 video

Discussion in 'General' started by bwilson4web, Jun 17, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

VW should be worried and BMW is still wandering in a wilderness of their own making. Curious, they have a Tesla side-by-side to compare features.

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I wish I could have read some of those stickers with the comparisons. I may have gotten the info wrong but the top speed of the Xpeng is significantly less as is the overall range... again, if I gleaned that info correctly. It's a nice looking car but it is very large.

4. ab13

ab13 Active Member

It seems to be the size of a Camry. Based on the specs, top speed may be around 105 mph, which is fine. The speed limit in China is more around 55 mph, so that isn't an issue. Best not to encourage crazy driving, since people there will pass on the highway shoulder.
    https://en.xiaopeng.com/p7.html?forcePlat=pc

5. I wasn't making a value judgement on driving safety just calling out some specs that favor the Tesla.

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Teslas (and every other car) is tailored to match the local rules and regulations. This often increases the cost such as headlights of the EU or Chinese tracking requirements. So it is an interesting if at least a Buick level, quality car. I suspect any speed limits would disappear as soon as it is sold in the USA ... if ever.

Bob Wilson

Clamps likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ab13

ab13 Active Member

Sorry, I wasn't trying to make any negative sounding comment to your post. It was just based on my experience in watching the people on the roads over there. Some of it was a bit scary.

Clamps likes this.
  9. No worries, my response reads kinda snappy and wasn’t meant to be. Appreciate the input you shared, I just wanted to clarify my intent.