new over-the-air software updates

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by pescatore, Feb 25, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. pescatore

pescatore Member

Has anyone done this? At odd times (like when leaving for work in the am) it'll show up on my screen in the car. I've been ignoring it until I had time. It comes and goes during the week. Now when I have the time on the weekend - it has disappeared and I can't make it reappear. I still have 3.1.0. The in service update took over a month for me - so I am suspicious of VW updates.

This was the beginning of the email...

An over-the-air software update is now available for your ID.4:

Upgrade to Software Version 3.2.11

This software update provides minor bug fixes and enhances the performance of the electronic control module that manages the over-the-air installation process. This update is a prerequisite for future updates.

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Apparently it goes without a hitch, at least according to this article.
    I would make sure the 12V battery is fully charged and then include the preparations to insure a successful OTA download:
    • Car is at least at 50% state of charge.
    • Car is not connected to a charger or EVSE.
    • Doors, trunk, and hood are closed.
    • Windows are up.
    • Exterior lights (headlights, running lights, parking lights) are off.
    • Vehicle is turned off.
    • Proximity lock is disabled. (This is recommended, and I think it's not a strict prerequisite for installation. But if it's enabled, you run the risk of disrupting the update if you approach the car with the fob).

4. pescatore

pescatore Member

The linked article has good instructions. The download completed this afternoon.
    Be forewarned - you will get no notice from VW that the download has completed (the app did have a message that it started) - until you ok it from inside the car after the app has been updated. (It's a bit bass ackwards in that regard). I gave it many hours to update and then just took it on faith that it was done. And it was.

electriceddy likes this.
  5. Happy it worked for you also look forward to your follow up on improvements;)