New mirror assembly is on.

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Tek_Freek, Oct 23, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. First. The front door power window switch panel. When prying off this part you must go under the chrome trim and start at the front end.

Second was getting the door panel off. I spent a lot of time laying on the floor trying to find the clips and pop them. As I was doing the second one the third one just popped loose. As a result, I removed the rest by pulling on the panel. None broke. The rubber rings go everywhere though.

Third was finding the best way to remove the nuts that hold the mirror on. I saw two videos that showed people reaching up from the large lower opening. There was no way that was going to work for me so I started poking at the covering and discovered four holes in the area of the nuts. They are perfectly aligned to remove the nuts. (See picture). The covering is easy to pull down, but expect a lot of gooey crap. Dawn dish-washing soap removes it from your hands.

I ran into looseness between the ratchet and the socket. Two different sets. I used some Gorilla tape to hold them together. I was concerned about the nut falling out so I placed a small piece of blue painters’ tape over the opening and pressed the nut in. It held for all four nuts.

The new mirror. It did not want to stay flat against the car so I experimented with the blue tape. I had four pieces on it and it still was not fully against the car. Instead, I used one piece of the Gorilla tape over the top of the window and across to the top of the mirror. Perfect. The four openings made it simple to find the studs to thread the nut on.
    Getting the electrical connectors back on was harder than it should have been.

I just pushed the panel back on. I first checked for broken clips. None. The bottom left clip did not align well with the hole but I gave it a hard nudge towards the opening and it went in.

If I have to do this again I would estimate one to two hours max.

Four holes for accessing the nuts on the mirror base.

Holes for attaching mirror.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.