New Electrify Canada Pricing

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by rizulli, Oct 5, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Active Member

There must be a law in Canada that only power companies can charge for energy delivered, ie.. kilowatt hours. In the USA, charging for kilowatts delivered is the new standard for EA for charging cars. Unfortunately, there are still holdouts states where if you sell power by what is delivered, you must be a power company. Hope they change it in Canada soon because on cold winter days, you will pay by the min. no mater how much you receive in power. Glad they reduced their rate.

ehatch likes this.
  4. I think you are right. In British Columbia our provincial power utility runs a network of DC Fast Chargers that are mostly free at this point. I am curious if they will go the route of per kW or time when we do eventually need to pay for them, as they literally are the power company and would be exempt from this rule (I assume).

5. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

Write Measurement Canada , Navdeep Bains to ask for kWh charging.Measured like gas, without ancillary fees like parking just like ICE doesn't pay.The evse, dcfc can be programmed for kWh pricing versus actually forcing vendors to use a federally authorized meter.Why EVs are leading edgeo_O Owners will know if we're not getting actual kWh based on our SOC. For the same ~60minutes,my warm weather charge has been 37kWh - 47kWh due to variables time based charging doesn't adjust for.