Moonroof noise

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by bmartinez028, Oct 26, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bmartinez028

bmartinez028 Active Member

Hi everyone. To those with a moonroof, does it make cracking/creaky noises while driving over uneven surfaces etc? Entering driveways it also seems to pop with the chassis flex. Mine is a 23 with 2k miles and the roof is pretty creaky at times. Seems temp related. Just curious. Other than this, solid vehicle.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Might want to lube any rubber/EPDM friction points with a Gummipflege product. I’ve noticed a few transient noises lately in the cooler weather, but one “rattle” that sounded like a loose fastener in the passenger side A-pillar was sorted by lubricating all the door seals.

4. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

All five of my Minis ('03, '13, '17, '20, and '22) had sunroofs, and the only time they made noises was/are when they were/are open.

Puppethead likes this.
  5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

More than 2 years of ownership and no rattles or creaking parts. This is the best-built car I've ever owned (although most of my 30-odd cars never even pretended to be well-built).

SameGuy likes this.
  6. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

No moonroof rattles here at 10K miles.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Washtenaw must have better roads than any I’ve driven in Tri-County, because leaving Romulus east on 94 towards the bridge, or south on 275/75 to Ohio… boy howdy, the roads are as bad as up here! :D

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I don't think the roads are better here in Washtenaw (an Ojibwe word, "Wash-ten-ong," that early settlers misheard) County. Our Japanese-built Honda Clarity developed a few rattles in its first 2 years, but the harder-driven-on-the-same-roads SE has not.

SameGuy likes this.