Model 3 Windshield Wipers

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Brewha, Mar 15, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Brewha

Brewha New Member

The OEM set started chattering after 6 months. Tried cleaning the windshield, twice, alcohol, etc.
    Cleaned the blades, twice. Still chattered…
    Bought new blades – fine for only about a year – chatter - just replaced them again.
    Why do I think they should last longer?

Anyway,
    If you don’t like paying $50 for a set a blades from Tesla, you can save yourself some coin.

Bosch Aerotwin A102S are a direct replacement. I compared these closely to the OEM blades and it seems obvious that Bosch is the OEM to Tesla. All the parts are identical except the makings. On the top of the far end of the blade “BOSCH” is stenciled in white. The OEM is blank. If you shop around, you can get them for about half price, or on Amazon.

If you a hard core to save a nickel, the blade inserts on the originals/Aerotwins can be replaced – although they are intentionally designed not to be. You can (I have) slide one of the end caps off by slipping a small tool underneath the cap to release the locking tabs. I used a dental tool. The refills I used are 11 x 6mm Beigaon 28” (Amazon, $8 a pair). These are silicon blades that come in one piece. You tear them down the length (just use your hands) and then cut them to length. I just put a set of these on and so far, so good.

Kerbe and bwilson4web like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member