Model 3 Seat Covers & Floor Mats

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Betty, Sep 18, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Betty

Betty New Member

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Betty

Betty New Member

Looking forward to the discussion and feedback!

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

My App shows them under "Upgrades."

Bob Wilson

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Electrek has an article about floor mats for the Model 3. I really like the 3D MAXpider mats I've bought for my Honda Clarity and MINI Cooper SE, but I don't know if they are any better than Tesla's own mats (which have the advantage of saying "TESLA" on them).

I've never purchased seat covers for any car I've owned, but the guy in this video about installing Model 3 seat covers has a cool Tesla T-shirt. I hadn't seen the Model 3 represented simply by 3 stacked horizontal lines before.

6. Ixlr8

Ixlr8 New Member

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

The Model 3 was originally to be called the "Model E", but Ford had already copyrighted that name - so Tesla chose to name their vehicle the "Model III" but to run the three lines horizontally, so that they would resemble the three horizontal bars of an upper-case letter "E". They later adopted this symbol into their logo: When you see "TESLA" on anything from Tesla, the "E" is three horizontal bars.

insightman likes this.
  9. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

My M3 has white upholstery - which Tesla calls "vegan leather" but is - in reality - a vinyl and urethane material. It's PLENTY strong and resilient - and very easy to clean and maintain. In addition - here in the Deep South - it stays ABSOLUTELY cool to the touch. I can't see any reason to install seat covers, especially since the white upholstery costs an additional $1K: I want to SEE my investment! ;)

No matter how nice they may be, seat covers are still "slip covers" and will NEVER look as nice as installed upholstery. If you want to spend a fortune on leather upholstery covers, you might as well just have the seats reupholstered in leather. There are several companies online that will do this for you.

As the M3 RWD does not include floor mats of any sort, I selected the 3D Maxpider Kagu product for the front, rear and trunk. They fit very well and the Velcro-like material on their underside keeps them firmly in place. Plus the trunk liner has a "hinge" that allows easy access to the under-trunk storage area. You have the option of either a chrome or a matte black "3D" logo but, every so often, someone on Etsy or AliExpress will offer a "Tesla" logo badge - should you wish to do a bit of DIY cosmetic surgery. But ya know what? NO ONE getting into a Tesla looks at the floor - they're drawn immediately the large screen and glass roof!

https://3dmatsusa.com/

10. wang xu an

wang xu an New Member

I've bought footbeds from different stores before to do reviews. Compare them in terms of quality , price, model, and texture. I think one has a better overall rating.https://www.tesery.com/?ref=a9e2jl43

11. I reviewed the 3D Comfort Performance ones from Tesloid.

12. To remove this ad click here.