Michael McHale, Head of Communications, has left Rivian

Discussion in 'Rivian' started by Domenick, Jul 26, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Michael McHale, Head of Corporate Communications at Rivian, announced today he is leaving Rivian in a post on LinkedIn (text below). He previously held communications positions with Subaru, BMW, Mini, and Jaguar Land Rover. The parting seems amicable.
    [​IMG]

He names his replacement as Amy Winters Mast. She has had a Communications Manager position with Rivian since this past April and previously was Director of Communications and Marketing for the University of Michigan Energy Institute, serving as Director of Public Affairs and Governmental Relations at the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory before that.
    [​IMG]

"Hello all. I wanted to let you know that as of today I have separated from Rivian. There is no great drama here - and I am incredibly proud of the work I have done for Rivian since launch. The company has huge potential and is staffed by some awesome people - not least my friend Amy Winters Mast who will pick up any Rivian media enquiries. At this point, people usually say 'stay tuned' - but not me. The structure of working remotely (yet tied into Rivian's Michigan office) seemed possible at the start, but was incredibly tough to execute in practice. I need some time off, for sure and I want to make sure the next thing I commit to is workable from all angles. I've picked up a lot of knowledge over 2018 and 2019 from my time at Rivian - not least my belief that EV is the future - and I'll apply that learning somewhere cool, when the time is right. For now, I'd just like to walk my dog a while."

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  2. To remove this ad click here.