Looking for information about removing the drivers door interior panel.

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Tek_Freek, Oct 8, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I am going to replace the drivers side mirror. I bought the assembly from Honda Parts Now and will do it next weekend. Does anyone know of a video showing the removal of the inside door panel? I want to understand as much as possible about what to expect.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

There's an old thread on this forum, How do you remove the door mirror?

Crutchfield doesn't have a video but they have these instructions on their website's Clarity page:

Replacing the front door woofers is also an easy job for the car audio DIY-er. Use that handy panel tool to pry up the power switch panel to release ten clips, then disconnect the harnesses and remove the switch panel. Remove the exposed Phillips screw.

Pry out all sides of the door panel to release nineteen retaining clips, then disconnect those harnesses, remove the door panel, and store it someplace safe while you continue working.

4. insightman

I should have tested the link I copied from Crutchfield. You're right it didn't work. I went back and searched the same topic again and came up with a slightly different link to the same Crutchfield page (which I just tested):
    https://www.crutchfield.com/S-cC05Sp9UfZr/learn/2017-2021-honda-clarity.html

However, it sounds like you found a PDF that shows you what you need.

Good luck! I'm so careful when I walk past my Clarity or when I back out of our tiny garage because I don't want to be replacing my mirror(s). I cringe every time I see this Allstate insurance ad with Mayhem pretending to be a bear. The last thing he does is bash the driver's mirror off the car.

5. Going to do it this weekend. I will attempt to do a video, but I've never done one so it may be a bust.

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Okay so maybe this weekend, lol. Last week got crazy.

8. insightman

The door-disassembly PDF document the wonderful @MrFixit contributed in the lock replacement thread is the same one you have, right?

9. I downloaded all of those, yes. And this comment.

"Be especially careful not to destroy the three small metal clips around the inside door handle. Perhaps someone else can offer some advice or some trick to remove those fragile clips. In my experience, that was the hardest part of getting the door panel off."

insightman likes this.