Keeping up on latest battery info on available cars

Discussion in 'General' started by bowlesj, Aug 17, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bowlesj

bowlesj New Member

Hi, in the next 2 to 10 years depending on finances I will be replacing my Japanese built 26 year old Honda civic with an electric car. Yes 26 years and still going strong with very low yearly repair costs. So I am a saver. I use a spread sheet to save ahead for everything. One type of savings involves a target-date and target-amount. I also keep my cars as long as possible. I guess you knew that :) So my main concern about buying a specific EV car is the battery and saving ahead to replace it. Questions include; What is its range? What is the price to replace the battery right now(I track prices to project the future price to save for)? What is the warranty years (I use this to set a target savings date to replace it)? Can I swap my old one for a brand new one (not a fixed up battery)? What is the thermal management (Tesla liquid cooled/heated design is the goal)? Is it cylindrical cell design (Tesla design ideally)? What are the odds I will be able to get a new battery for a 20 year old electric car? Can I trade in my old battery and will they be recycling it?

Might anyone know of one ore more websites where I can get this info on a yearly basis?

Thanks,
    John

2. To remove this ad click here.