Hyundai select Electrify American plan is not longer available!

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Mathieu, Aug 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Mathieu

Mathieu New Member

Hi there!

I am planning a trip over the week-end and was happy to read about the Hyundai Select plan, but I when I tried to register tonight I couldn't find it in the app.
    I called customer support and was informed that registering for Hyundai select plan is no longer possible as of yesterday (08/26) !

Needless to say, I am pretty frustrated...

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member

I believe they are preparing to switch to paying passed on power consumed instead of by time.

If EvGo is near you, you can try to call the and ask for the COVID plan, which is $0.19 per minute in the LA area, varies in other areas.

4. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Weird.. not sure why it wouldn't be available.. Mine says that it expires 12/31

5. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Active Member

I also got the notice of the end of the Kona discount. Their switch to kWh delivered has not formally announced but mentioned in an interview. Haven’t heard of a planned date. Don’t even know if there is a date.

6. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member

Well, the plan is valid through the end of the year if you already signed up (at least mine is). Of course, I don't know how much I will use it now that AAA near my house has not one, but two free DC QUICK Charging stations that are close to 70KW.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

We now have a L2 charger at the office, so it is unlikely that I would need DCFC any time soon. Building management did send out a photo of the thing, with two parking spaces reserved for EV charging, so I have strong reason to believe that it is there.

Assuming it works of course. I will be there next week so I can check it out (but I will have the ICE dealer loaner, so it is sort of academic). It has not appeared in plugshare as of yet, but that's probably because nobody has bothered to add it. Since it isn't my charger, I am somewhat reluctant to add it myself (there is a big shopping mall across the street, and the last thing I want is for the thing to get clogged with shoppers).

9. CharlyM

CharlyM Member

Did you do the BMS update on your car ? I wonder whether you get charged at the 1-75kw rate now, since, you know, the car is literally limited to 75kw now.

10. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member

Umm, all updates were done before I bought mine used and it still does 77KW

11. CharlyM

CharlyM Member

I would definitely check your VIN on Hyundai's website, because if it charges at 77kw, they didn't do the BMS update :-/

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member

Here is what it looks like on the Hyundai Recalls Page.....am I missing something?

Attached Files:

14. CharlyM

CharlyM Member

And you get 77kw at ElectrifyAmerica chargers on the dashboard of the car ?

15. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member

Yep, well, once was 39 kw, but that was a charging station issue.

16. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

My favorite free 50kw charger has issues right now too.. It's limited to about 35kw.. It used to give me up to 49kw and now it's down to 35kw.. The 2nd unit at that location stopped charging completely.. The admin from Greenlots which runs those chargers said that they will be fixed.. That was 2 weeks ago and a week ago, the issue still persisted.. Still charging there, just very slow... took me 1 hour and 40 minutes to charge from 19 to 87%..

17. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member

My favorite free quick charger is supposed to be 69kw but is about 40......we shall see the next time I use it.