Hyllion is almost as bad as Nikola

Discussion in 'General' started by 101101, Sep 26, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Hyllion is just more natural gas bs. Its also pushing the hydrogen scam- or already permanently non competitive natural gas in disguise made even more non competitive. Both of these if allowed to play out blow our chance to address the climate change window. And this Hyllion story is supposed to support the minting of another billionaire. On the basis of what? Products that will be obsolete at intro and that take use in the wrong direction? I don't even see a long haul niche for its offerings.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Hyllion trying to say they are carbon negative. My stong opinion he is lying his arse off with this and it looks very much like false advertising that I hope gets challenged by regulators and by groups like Hindenburg. Stock down 20% heres to hoping it goes to zero because that is where toxic natural gas should have gone long ago and needs to go as fast as possible. You can always tell this fossil fuel group because the very essence of them seems to be lying or cheating or the assertion of privilege and the righteous expectation of being able to use undue influence successfully. They pimp people too they want put a human face on their scams a fall guy if it goes south.
    But this one won't get pushed as hard because all these crap fossil fuel companies are integrated oil and gas and unlike dirty Nikola a NG fuel cell just means they lose against their diesel business and still can't remotely compete with the Tesla semi. But this dumb company is also blathering about hydrogen but obviously that delusion is a non starter. This company is Shell- and in my opinion Shell will be going out of business soon and will never be profitable again (they never really were- pure corporate wellfare) but no more ability to hide that and their rent seeking business models are obsolete, pump hose is being cut. You can see their damn despiration in buying a vehicle company to try to force sale of their junk. Will they buy other junk like Ford, BMW and GM on their way down the toilet?

4. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

I was wrong Hyllion is way worse than I thought. But first a quote attributed to Trevor Milton:
    “I think you need to focus on complete zero emissions,” he said. “And if [Hyliion] goes that route, I think they’ll have a chance of survival. If they stick with natural gas, it’s going to be a very tough road.”

They are claiming 40% of the NG used in transport is from so called renewable sources. These are not renewable because we should be cutting our use of animal product and we shouldn't be manuer lagooning to maximize methane and resultant CO2. And they are just trying to use this fungible pipeline as a BS cover
    especially behind the scammy integrated lease fuel pricing to hide they are using other sources of natural gas- its obviously just a pure f-ing lie. CA should block their use on its roads these need to be classified as ICE and thankfully they will be because its not a NG fuel cell (I was wrong above) its a less efficient generator. So again it doesn't save much over Diesel.
    No wonder all these stupid pipelines were being pushed. Its very important they be cancelled, the contacts voided and the pipes dismantled at the fossil fuel companies costs.