How to set ACC and LKAS to enabled by default

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Clarity850, Feb 16, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Clarity850

Clarity850 New Member

I set the ACC and LKAS to enabled every time when start the power, and I didn't find this setting.

Can we set it to enabled and save it? thanks.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I can’t find a setting to that or to do that to the Brake Hold either. If anyone finds out how, I will send them a nice gift to show my appreciation because this really bugs me having to press all these buttons every time I start the car. And lets include HV push after stop if already on HV as another choice in settings because on long trips that’s 3 button pushes plus start equals 4 Grrrrr.
    Come on Honda, it wouldn’t even take any new hardware; just some lines of code.

4. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

This is part of the Honda dexterity program which helps keep our digits exercised... similar to a mini gym membership, but without the added expense and trips.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Inside EVs mobile app

5. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

Explain what you're asking. ACC and LKAS are enabled or disabled together (the "main" button) and remains so the next time you turn the car off/on. Automatically setting a speed for ACC would not make sense. For one, it only works at 25+ mph. Also I'd really hate to have the car immediately accelerate at 25mph into the wall of my garage if "main" was on when I turned off the car.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    Everbody likes this.
  6. Clarity_Newbie

Clarity_Newbie Active Member

^^^

This.

The Clarity I drive works as petteyg359 states.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Clarity850

Clarity850 New Member

No, even I set the ACC and LKAS to enabled, I need to press the Main button again when I restart the car, it can't be saved to enabled.

9. Clarity850

Clarity850 New Member

Thanks, I will check and test.

10. KentuckyKen

Well, to further muddy the waters...
    On my Clarity, with the Main switch on and LKAS activated at shutdown, I still need to press the LKAS button (to right is Main) to enable it on the next start up. (along with the Brake Hold)
    Every time.

11. Clarity_Newbie

Clarity_Newbie Active Member

Clarity850

To Clarify

Essentially...when the Clarity starts...the ACC and LKAS icons show amber then both to green to indicate they are operational. With LKAS operational, I believe that provides for lane departure warnings etc.

If you are asking about the two dashed lines which appear...then yes, I have to push the lower right button which is next to the main button to engage the strong torque steering to assist with in-lane driving. The 2017 CRV I drive occasionally also works this way.

Good luck.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. AlAl

AlAl Active Member

If I'm not mistaken, brake hold can be activated in the vehicle setting menu.. The consequence, however, is it automatically sets the parking brake upon shutdown, so you have to consciously disengage it every time you start up the car.

neal adkins likes this.
  14. KentuckyKen

I searched the manual and could not find it as a setting than can be enabled to come on every time the car is started.
    Are you sure? Could you point me to it? I would dearly love to have it automatically come on without having to push the button every blooming time I start the car.

15. Clarity850

Clarity850 New Member

Thank you! You are right! ACC can be saved, but LKAS can't. I meant How to save LKAS.

16. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

The acc is always on in my clarity. I actually dont like how it brakes 100 plus feet before i
    Acc must be disabled to not work in my clarity. I actually dont like how it brakes 100 to 200 feet of a slower moving vehicle in front of me. Its always on. I do agree that lkas should be on at all times unless you turn it off.
    Interesting. My acc is always on when i turn the ignition switch on. I just set the desired speed each time. The lkas must be enabled each time. This is probably set up this way so new drivers don't trip out when the steering wheel starts moving by itself.

17. AlAl

AlAl Active Member

My apologies, I cant seem to find the sub-menu to toggle that; I cant remember if it was a discussion on reddit, or if I stumbled onto it back when I was spending some time configuring the infotainment. All I recall is it had something to do with engaging the auto parking brake feature.

18. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

The LKAS system and ACC system are enabled or disabled together. Actually turning lane centering on is a manual action you have to take, just like setting the cruise speed. If you're on roads with wonky mismarkings, you may not want the active LKAS to be on despite the passive "anti lane departure" system being enabled. Though I've had great luck with it myself on badly-restriped-and-restriped-and-restriped-again roads, I'm sure there are places where it might actually try to steer you into oncoming traffic.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  19. KentuckyKen

I guess it depends on your definition of enable. For me it means more than just making it possible; it means actually making it work. LKAS will never work without pressing its button every. single. time. you start the car. Ugh!

20. sniwallof

sniwallof Active Member

The manual calls the "main button" (the long bar button lower middle) page 401 - for "activation" of the ACC and LKAS systems - that gives the ACC LKAS lights on the display. Maybe think of it like a power button for those boxes/features?

The acronyms are great: Page 403 - When you use ACC with LSF (low speed follow), Straight Driving Assist (a feature of the Electric Power Steering system) is activated. By enabling the steering system to automatically compensate for natural steering pull, Straight Driving Assist makes it easier for you to keep your vehicle in a straight line.

Translated to HONDA manual acronym speak for clarity and simplicity, When you use ACC with LSF, SDA (a feature of the EPS system) is activated. By enabling the steering system to automatically compensate for NSP, SDA makes it easier for you to keep your vehicle in a straight line.

What is SDA? natural steering pull? NSP? Is SDA related to LKAS?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    David in TN likes this.
  21. Clarity850

Clarity850 New Member

SDA = Straight Driving Assist

22. Clarity850

Clarity850 New Member

LAKS and brake hold are driving assist features, Honda may set it to off when start the power for safety confirmation/reminder.
    Like this case: when turn on the power, the mail screen will show some waring messages, we need to press the "OK" button every time.

It should be a safety confirmation.

lordsutch likes this.
  23. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

I may be confused by the abbreviations, but my Clarity kept shaking the steering wheel and telling me to drive better, until I turned it off with the buttons by my left knee... Do some of those buttons relate to this discussion?