[HEADS UP] JuiceNet 40 Pro vs Std Rng Plus Model 3

Discussion in 'General' started by bwilson4web, Nov 1, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Hi,

Sunday, November 1, our Std Rng Plus Model 3, SW 2020.40.8, developed a problem with our two, Juicenet 40 Pro EVSEs. Charging would stop with the Tesla showing a red error. After a bit, the car and Juicebox would reconnect, charge a bit, and repeat. The technical details are here:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/software-build-v10-2-2020-40-latest-2020-40-9.16957/page-9#post-296060

upload_2020-11-1_22-11-36.png

The vendor sent an e-mail about a problem earlier this week:
    upload_2020-11-1_22-12-54.png

I've opened a ticket with them to get more technical details. Then I'll open an equivalent trouble ticket with Tesla. Since March 26, 2019, our Model 3 worked perfectly with the Juicebox so this sounds like a problem specific to the latest software.

Bob Wilson

ps. Perhaps @Domenick might share this with Tom or the other authors covering EVSEs.

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

I had a second interrupted charging session on my "Home_Base" unit and even trouble getting the Tesla to unlock the J1772 adapter. Removing the J1772 from the adapter returned the "Blue" icon and I was able to remove the adapter.

A two year old problem between the JuiceBox 40 Pro and early Tesla Model 3 had been identified as a protocol problem traced to an earlier Tesla software version. So in an abundance of caution, I did a 'hard reset' (i.e., double button and brake) which has cleared obscure problems in the past. Charging completed without a problem.

I'm going to try and replicate the problem on the other JuiceBox, "Bobs_BMW_i3". If we're lucky, it will but intermittent problems are the most difficult to diagnose.

Bob Wilson

4. bwilson4web

UPDATE: Cleared while testing.

Bob Wilson