Heads Up Display

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Brewer Fan, Jul 8, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Brewer Fan

Brewer Fan Member

On our 2020 BMW X3 the apple map shows up on the heads up display when you hold the microphone down and say “Siri, directions to……” which is nice since the BMW navigation doesn’t always have the current map. I was disappointed on my 2023 Mini SE cuz the apple map does not show on the heads up display, only the Mini navigation. It shows on the CID but not heads up. This is my only disappointment so far which is minor. (I posted this as a response to a post but I thought maybe there is a way that apple map can be displayed on Heads Up and if anyone had the answer, it would be someone on this site! ).

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. zellsun

zellsun Member

This is really disappointing thing if we can’t utilize the HUD for CarPlay

4. carrrl

carrrl Active Member

I've come to find this as a theme for the SE (and MINI in general.) In most areas its many years behind its BMW siblings. BMW demonstrates they have the tech and know what people want and yet MINI lags behind. EV shoppers are early adopters and generally tech literate so I see a bit of a strategy mismatch by MINI staying the course. Slightly convinced that if SE was too good (or cheaper) a good chunk of their current line up would be irrelevant.

insightman likes this.
  5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Likely because BMW is the flagship luxury brand, and MINI is the "step down".

insightman likes this.
  6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Never forget what BMW called the platform they developed for their MINI. Wikipedia's article on the platform begins:
    The UKL platform (Untere Klasse, "lower class" in German)...

azausa likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. methorian

methorian Well-Known Member

I think this is really just a limitation of the infotainment platform in the Mini. It's the same old system from the BMW i3 - which also didn't support a lot of these advanced features.

I'd imagine the next gen of Mini's may see some of these features.

carrrl likes this.
  9. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

And my E39 540 manual was on the "limousine" chasis.

10. This reply is not related to the limitations of the HUD, more to the MINI having the UKL platform of the BMW, as said by @insightman.

I asked my dealer why does the SE not have memory seats and he replied, that is only for the BMW. Though I think the Countryman PHEV has the memory seats.

11. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I always back our SE into the driveway while my wife drives it in forwards. So we each know before we get in whether we'll have to adjust the seat--that's our "memory seat." I'm willing to put up with the extra effort to keep the car a bit lighter.

azausa likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

You can also get electric seats in the Clubman. I assume they have a memory function.