Getting new tires.. 10000 miles earlier than expected...

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by FloridaSun, Jun 18, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Well, my Nexens still have 20 - 30% tread left after 30k miles but one of my tires is leaking air.. I have repaired it before and it stopped leaking but it is leaking again (right rear).. Now, I went to have dinner and just before I arrived back home, I hear a noise from the rear and it appears that I drove over something (which turned out to be some kind of metal tube) which almost instantly deflated my left rear tires.. I put a patch into the tire but the hole was so big that despite the patch, it's still leaking. Now, my tires are down to about 20 -30% already and Tire Kingdom has a special on the Nexen's right now with $75 if I buy all 4, so I decided to replace all 4 instead of just the 2 bad ones. The quote shows total cost after tax, installed $495.75..

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I grabbed a set of slightly used (5000 kms) Nexens from another local Kona owner who wanted to upgrade. Got them (all 4) for $80. Still a long ways before I need to replace mine though. And haven't even had a nail or screw yet. But I always do carry a tire plug kit just in case. Has saved me many times with past cars.

4. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

i wish that I could have gotten a deal like that..