Fun “Italian Job” homage video starring three MINI Cooper SEs

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by wessy, Dec 30, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. wessy

wessy Active Member

I just came across this short (1 minute) video, “The Hedin Job,” created over the summer by the Hedin dealership group in Switzerland, so naturally I had to share it with all of you!

(My search for this content in the forums came up empty; my apologies if it was already posted. :rolleyes:)

It’s a bit of a spoof of “The Italian Job,” of course, and the second part of the title (“auf elektrisierender Mission mit dem MINI SE”) translates to “on an electrifying Mission with the MINI SE.”

Enjoy! :D

MichaelC likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Interestingly, the makers of the 2003 version of "The Italian Job" had to create a look-alike set of electric MINI Coopers because Los Angeles, where the subway scenes were filmed, didn't want petrol fumes in their subway stations and tunnels. The engine sounds were dubbed in later, of course. Here's the story.

4. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I often wonder what Hollywood will do regarding car chases and such when everyone's driving EVs. Imagine movies like The Fast and the Furious without revving engines. Maybe it'll be like computers and they'll add all kinds of nonsense noises.

Urbanengineer and wessy like this.
  5. DisgruntledSanta

DisgruntledSanta Active Member

I honestly think that the “outlaw” style car films might have some EVs with sounds similar to Formula E, but most will still be big souped up V8s. Rebels for life hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs