Finding DC Fast Chargers on LI New York

Discussion in 'General' started by EVNomad, Feb 18, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. EVNomad

EVNomad New Member

I am about to buy my first electric car. But i was disheartened to see the complete lack of DC Fast Charging stations on Long Island. I currently have a house, but will be selling it next year, so will depend on outside charging stations. Most of the charging stations on LI seem to be level 2 which will take too long to charge a Nissan Leaf. It feels like we are on the cusp of an EV revolution...but I am shocked at how bad our green infrastructure is here. Perhaps when we get a new President that actually believes in green energy things will change.

Anyone here live on Long Island New York?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Did you use PlugShare?

Can you provide an address?

Have you tried to negotiate with the property management or owner?

Work address, not specific but ??xx ?

Bob Wilson

4. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

I see quite a few out there on plugshare, but I have no idea if any are convenient. Once you start to find them, then the next question is how much will it cost to charge - some (Electrify America) are quite expensive. Others can be better.

5. EVNomad

EVNomad New Member

It’s spotty at best. And many privately owned chargers charge .30 a minute or more just for parking. There is no standard. It’s like the wild west out there. Hopefully this will change when we get a President & congress that not only believes in Science but also that the future is green energy and we must invest massively in building out our green infrastructure.
    I am a freelance artist who does uber/lyft part time...so i do not have an office where i can leave my car plugged in while working.

i live in a town called North Bellmore on the south shore of long island NY. I guess i was just shocked at the low number of fast charging stations on LI. As progressive as NY is, it is far behind California and other States when it comes to investing in building a green infrastructure.

I am actually thinking of buying a used Prius to get me thru the next few years. Hopefully by then we will have a President & congress who actually believes in science and will invest more in green energy. VW is coming out with some great EVs in the next few years like the ID Buzz. Hopefully they will make it to the US and not just Europe.