EV6 GT Line with ~$48,K MRSP?

Discussion in 'Kia EV6' started by VABeachKiwi, Feb 21, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. VABeachKiwi

VABeachKiwi New Member

Been stalking EV-6s online and I am starting to see some in my area - I live in Southeastern VA so there's a lot more availability in NOVA than around here. Anyway I am seeing GTs with advertised MRSP in the $48k range - has anyone been able to figure out how/why? The stated MRSP is above $50k? I am also interested in getting a vehicle with a heat pump (but that seems to be an option) does anyone know how you go about getting a vehicle with that option? I'd really love to see a purchasing price thread get started too... but I guess there need to be more of these around for that to happen.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

There are a couple of models below $50K, but the GT-line MSRP starts at $51,200. Here is a thread on this forum describing the prices and here is a thread with a link to the specs.

Only the sold-out First Edition (~$60K MSRP) comes with a heat pump standard. A heat pump is not available on the least-expensive Light model. I don't believe Kia is building cars to order yet. You have to hope a dealer near you gets a car with the options you want (I believe a heat pump is an essential option to extend EV range). Then you have to hope that MSRP is the cost the dealer asks you to pay. Most are larding on $10K or more for Dealer Market Adjustments.

Other forum members have complained about the dealer bait-and-switch where the dealer claims on the phone to have the model requested, but after a long drive they have only a lesser model. Then the price of the model they do have has been jacked up beyond the MSRP of the model requested. There are a few good dealers that don't charge DMAs, but, of course, they've sold all their EV6s.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022