Emission Impossible

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by electriceddy, Dec 16, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

I thought they said they would use the 39kWh version, or at least that's what they intend to try and sell in India. The charging infrastructure in that area has to be pretty dismal. And climbing consumes a lot of power.

Air quality in Indian cities is pretty awful, but cars aren't the only culprit.

electriceddy likes this.
  3. Research does indicate 39 kWh as the spec pack size in India so I hope they have a lot of these just in case:

ehatch likes this.
  4. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

Without 4x4 abilities, this could be interesting.Altitude will also affect the Li. Hope they live stream

electriceddy likes this.
  5. I'm pretty sure if your Kona has the optional electric infinite improbability drive it should be no problem.

[​IMG]

electriceddy and ehatch like this.
  6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Been some time since this was posted, but Kona EV did make it there. A Discovery video was made :

Kona EV set the pace , and it is now has started to become a little crowded with EVs there.:)
    "NIO cars aren’t the only EVs that made it to Everest Base Camp. The Hyundai Kona also arrived there in 2019. In 2021, the Volkswagen ID.6 Crozz drove there from Sichuan, leaving behind 4,000 km. On July 12, Tesla China shared on Weibo that two Tesla EVs (Model X and Model Y) also reached Everest Base Camp."
    A Tesla M3 also made the journey Sept 6 /2020
    The video from the latest assault involving a Tesla MY and MX

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022