driver display goes dark

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by ehatch, Sep 12, 2019.

1. ehatch

ehatch Member

I don't think this is a duplicate. My speedometer , and vehicle information display went dark. Yet things like the SOC , regeneration meter, indicator, Auto.high beam, light was visible.

kona display gone_20190911a-1.jpg

2. Esprit1st

Esprit1st Well-Known Member

Yeah, this happened to a handful of drivers. They said it worked again the next time they started the car. Definitely a bug, not a feature.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

3. BC-Doc

BC-Doc Member

Happened to me twice I believe several months ago.
    Reset after turning car off for a few minutes.
    Hasn’t recurred since.

4. electriceddy

electriceddy Well-Known Member

This is a new one, when my screen went blank it at least displayed open door. Check 12V battery voltage (just to eliminate 12.6 V min)

5. ehatch

ehatch Member

The night it happened. I drove in circles in a dead end street after restarting twice. It didn't reappear. I gave up. Grateful I had a H.U.D.,otherwise Hyundai would need to help me with a speeding ticket... Of course when this speedometer black out happened I had to be driving an ICE person,so not exactly confidence inspiring for buying an EV when I had about 80% SOC :rolleyes: They asked me" do you have enough charge?"
    @BC-Doc MY speedometer reappeared the next day. Need an update because it's a safety thing to see speed?
    @electriceddy I won't be checking my 12V. I don't have anything to do this with. Will let the dealership figure it out. Firmware is probably the fix.

6. electriceddy

That is what they will look for but it appears to be a somewhat reoccurring software issue with dash display ( going blank in some format or another)
    At least you had HUD which I didn't check when my occurrence happened as I don't use it except at low light levels.

7. popnfrresh

popnfrresh Member

Seems to resolve itself after car is off for 10 minutes....

8. electriceddy