Did you seriously consider a fuel cell vehicle? We'd like to interview you!

Discussion in 'Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles' started by Dr. Michael Kuby, May 4, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Do you live in California and did you consider getting a hydrogen fuel-cell vehicle (FCV) before opting for an alternative?

We are a team of geographers and ethnographers studying how people decide whether or not to get a FCV. We’re especially interested in speaking with those who actually considered purchasing or leasing an FCV but decided AGAINST doing so. We’ve already interviewed many people who bought or leased a Toyota Mirai, Honda Clarity FCX, or Hyundai FCV, and we'd be happy to add to that total. However, what we especially need are more participants who considered an FCV but decided not to get it, which could mean you got a different kind of car instead or delayed getting a car.

Interviews will take about 20 minutes and can be conducted by phone, Skype, or Google Hangouts. Your participation in this study is voluntary. The information you provide will remain confidential and be used for research purposes only. Participants will receive a $10 Amazon gift card as a small token of appreciation. If you are over 18 years of age and interested in participating, please contact me at [email protected] to schedule an interview. Learn more about the study at http://www.public.asu.edu/~mikekuby/H2FCV_Adoption_Study/.

Email, comment, or message us if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Mike

Dr. Michael Kuby
    Professor, Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning
    Arizona State University

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Roy_H

Roy_H Active Member

I am repeating my question here in hopes you researchers may already have my answer. In terms of your research I would expect the expiration date to be only of concern to purchasers of used FCVs. In your research are purchasers of used FCVs aware of an expiry date?

4. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

The expiration date is stamped on the sticker that's on the inside of the door frame of the driver's door. So it's pretty easy to find if you know where to look.

According to the article linked below, the 2016 Toyota Mirai's fuel system had an expiration date about 14 years later than the manufacturing date:

"2016 Toyota Mirai: 'Do Not Refuel After 2029'?"

But I don't know if that same 14 year limit applies to all production FCEVs, or not.

5. Roy_H

Roy_H Active Member

I expect that it applies to all FCVs as it would be a law. But 14 years is long enough for it to be a non-issue anyway as most cars would be in the junk yard by then. Thanks for the info.

6. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

*Looks out the window at my 15 year old Mazda 6 and shakes head.*

But yes, a 14 year life span is reasonable for a new tech vehicle, and a non issue for the original buyer.

7. To remove this ad click here.