Comparing Ford, GM, and Tesla

Discussion in 'General' started by bwilson4web, Aug 30, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Source:

• Advertising - Tesla spends nothing
    • Dividend - Tesla reinvests and does not pay shareholders
    • Innovation culture - Tesla design rules are not ossified by a century of old technology
    • Competition - Tesla is going after SUVs and trucks
    To a greater or lessor extent, these Tesla advantages continue against pretty much all of the traditional automakers.

Bob Wilson

ps. I follow Musk on Twitter but didn't think to follow the Tesla account . . . fixed.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. David Green

David Green Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHA, Bob. I missed this post, but you are funny...

Tesla does not advertise ? The referral program is essentially a headhunter program with very large rewards, free supercharging? Do you see GM offering free gas? $250K roadsters as prizes? Tesla is also hosting lots of events (music, races) to show their cars, do you not read the news?

Tesla reinvests rather than pay dividends? Bob, really? Tesla reinvests what? They have never made a profit for a year in their existence, exactly what money are they reinvesting?

Innovation, OK, Tesla is doing well there, but often rolls out its products too soon, and leaves the final stages of development to the early owners. Thank goodness my E-Tron was fully developed when I got it, so I do not have to deal with Beta products.

Competition? SUV Trucks? Bob, really? What were Tesla's only SUV sales so far this year? compared to Tahoe, Equinox, Escalade, and the dozens of other SUV's in the USA.... Hmmm, and we saw the Model X towing test, towing an empty horse trailer, because if you buy a horse you are over the cars towing capability, 100 miles range towing, HAHAHA!!! Bob, my 2020 Sierra Denali HD is rated to tow 20K lbs off the conventional hitch, and has about 400 miles of range towing at capacity, and almost 700 miles of range when empty. Oh it is also quieter inside than any Tesla made on the freeway, and has cooled seats and HUD, 110v outlets in the cab and bed, and the dealership tells me they have about 5 day turn when they come in, I do not think GM is too worried about Tesla that has no truck, no factory to build a truck, and with the towing range of 100 miles, Tesla has a long way to go before they are a threat to anyone.

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

[​IMG]

Bob Wilson

Frank K likes this.
  5. David Green

David Green Well-Known Member

I think the world you live is called LA LA land, or the world of make believe. Perhaps you live next door to Musk? I am a bit closer to reality in my thoughts, and only account things ai can see, feel, touch, test.