CNET Likes MINI SE

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by atlsk8r, Aug 23, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

That's a really fair, balanced initial review. I'm impressed with Mr. Ewing.

3. ColdCase

ColdCase Active Member

I dunno, he claims the Power Spoke are the best wheels by far. How can you trust anything he says after that :)

polyphonic likes this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I love my Power Spoke wheels so much that they're in the basement where they can never suffer from curb rash. I bring one with me to show off when I take my SE to a Drive Electric event. I even bought the special Power Spoke balancing tool, which will never get used unless I put the wheels back on the car and wear out the tires.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    GvilleGuy and polyphonic like this.
  5. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

"Really, though, I'm enjoying the hell out of this Mini, and it's a perfect companion for daily life in LA. It's a car I always look forward to driving, which isn't something I can say about other affordable EVs."

Quoted for emphasis. After the novelty of electric propulsion, the Niro, Kona, Bolt, Leaf, etc. aren't very interesting. And the more expensive EVs aren't as fun to drive.

GetOffYourGas, GvilleGuy and MichaelC like this.
  6. To remove this ad click here.

7. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

After @Novadar gets an SE, I can't wait to hear whether the the SE or the Taycan is more fun.

GvilleGuy, MichaelC and Carsten Haase like this.
  8. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Great car! In my opinion, it does not have the same fun factor, but I have had about 2 hours with it in total.

GvilleGuy, MichaelC and insightman like this.
  9. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

Haha! Thanks for the tag. I can't wait either! (mumbles "build my car, build my car, build my car" under breath).

The Taycan is a blast. Super smooth and powerful but it's not a small car. I'm super anxious when parking in public. It really fills in the parking spaces so we park way out in the boondocks. Filling in parking spaces won't be an issue with the SE for sure.

MichaelC, GvilleGuy and insightman like this.