Clarity's built in remote garage opener interferes with other equipment?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by ozy, Jan 9, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ozy

ozy Active Member

I was tickled to see how easy it was to program my garage door to be opened directly from the Clarity. It took me all of 20 seconds to accomplish both doors opened from two different buttons from the Clarity. However, immediately after doing this I noticed that my little "Lift Master Garage Door Opener" stopped working. This is a wireless, keyless little box that I have mounted on the outside of the garage and is very useful for the gardener and other people who need to get into the garage from the outside. The buttons no longer work as they always did and the doors don't open. The Clarity now is the only remote control opener that is working. Is it possible that somehow the two can't co-exist? Do I need to re-program the Liftmaster or get something different?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Richard_arch74

Richard_arch74 Active Member

I have had the problem that the Clarity in car garage door opener can not co-exist with my Explorer homelink. I was forced to go the blue tooth, "Garage-Mate", route with my garage doors. Not the optimal solution but it does work.

Sent from my Chromebook 15 (CB515 - 1HT / 1H) using Inside EVs mobile app

4. ab13

ab13 Active Member

Did you end up resetting the code at the opener when you programmed the homelink? If your original door opener that was used in the car still works, then the code is the same, but if not then you changed the code and none of the old devices will work without programming them again.

capt3450 likes this.
  5. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

I've run into this before. There is a limit on how many remotes can be programmed to a garage door opener.

Original remote (in sons truck)
    Original remote
    Keypad
    Homelink in wives car
    Homelink in daughters car (who doesn't live with us)
    Universal garage remote that I used.
    Daughter gets new car, new homelink set up.
    Another universal remote for nephew

I get Clarity and original remote in truck no longer works. Why? There is a limit of 8 remotes. It erased the 1st one when paired with Clarity.

We need 6 of these. I cleared the opener (hold program button for 10 seconds) then had it learn the ones that are needed.

All is fine now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Inside EVs mobile app

Louis Nisenbaum likes this.
  6. Groves Cooke

Groves Cooke Active Member

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Groves Cooke

Groves Cooke Active Member

Bingo. Original poster needs to reprogram the other opener.

9. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

See post #3. I had the same issue and had to re-program the external opener after doing the Clarity. Works fine.

10. capt3450

capt3450 New Member

I think you pushed and hold the "learn button" little bit too long so it reset the Garage opener 's code.
    Been there done that :(