Clarity Pickup Checklist

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by thecompdude, Apr 11, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. thecompdude

thecompdude Member

I am going to the dealer this weekend to pickup my brand new Clarity PHEV! Super excited!!
    What are the things that I need to ask them to prep the car for delivery?

- Should I ask them to apply past bulletins and bring the vehicle software up to date?
    - I will ask them to fully charge the battery (and also fill up the tank), so that I can drive the car back home in EV mode!
    - Verify that the car charging cord and all manuals are included
    - I did not buy any additional accessories, so nothing else to check
    - Do a complete walkaround the car, interior, exterior, engine bay, etc.
    - Anything else?

Thank you for all the help!!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Keanen

Keanen Member

Congrats and enjoy! Make sure they give you the charger

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

4. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

Yes, apply all bulletins.
    Full charge. (I asked my dealer multiple times, it was EV=0 when I picked it up.)
    PDI items of interest: remove all shipping film; under-body plugs; tires properly inflated.
    The charging cord should be in the trunk. The owner's manual, if you want a physical copy, you can order from Honda with your VIN.

5. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Also, check that they installed the 4 underbody plugs and adjusted the tire pressure from the 60 or so psi that it’s shipped with down to the correct 36 psi cold. These are the two most reported omissions. And as you mentioned, have all the updates done so you don’t waste time with a return visit. And as @Keanen mentioned, check for the charger and it’s storage sack. Also check that the tire inflator/repair kit is there.
    Finally double check that they have your correct email address and write down exactly how they are entering your name into the system. That will save you some headaches when you initially set up Honda link.
    Also, you have 6 months from purchase to send off for a paper copy of the owner’s manual for free (if you want one). And if you’re forgetful like me, use Honda Link or a charging app like my ChargePoint EVSE’s to remind you to plug in every night until it becomes a habit.

I’ve attached a copy of the Clarity specific PDI (pre delivery inspection) that has a lot of useful information in it and is seldom given to new Clarity owners or even seen by the dealer.

Welcome to the club; you’re gonna like it!! Let us know after a week or two.

Attached Files:

Sandroad likes this.
  6. JulianClarity

JulianClarity Active Member

It took me almost a month to get my charging cable, because the sales guy lost it and ordering took a long time.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. JulianClarity

Tire pressure.

9. thecompdude

thecompdude Member

This is a ton of great advice! Thanks everyone!

10. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

If you have not signed all the paperwork yet, practice saying “no” before you get there. You will likely be hit with a number of high pressure sales tactics for everything from aftermarket warranties to special paint sealants.

Enjoy the car! It’s a great ride.

11. thecompdude

thecompdude Member

Already signed the paperwork, dealer didnt push to add any accessories or warranties. The dealer provides lifetime limited powertrain warranty, not sure how good it is though! They offered 7 year oil and tire rotation for 300. I said no to that too. I think I might add that when I go back. That is not that bad a price.
    The car had a second sticker which said that they have already installed door edge and handle guards. They did not charge me for that and I did not ask about it! So I am not sure, if it is installed, I will check when I pick up the car.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

Oil? Bear in mind that most folks use the ICE on rare occasions. Once a year oil change is the norm.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Inside EVs mobile app

14. thecompdude

thecompdude Member

Ok, then it may not that be that cost effective! If it is already paid for, I would have had the oil changed every 6 months.

15. JulianClarity

7 years of oil and rotaion for 300 sounds good to me. You will pay $30 or more for the oil change anywhere, rotation is not cheap either.

16. Seoulbrova

Seoulbrova New Member

How do you request the paper copy of the manual?

17. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    Vic likes this.
  18. KentuckyKen

A picture of their location is also in the PDI I attached to post # 4.

19. KentuckyKen

Easy peasy.
    To get a paper manual go to
    https://owners.honda.com/login
    Sign in or register and then enter your car type and go to How-to’s, Manuals and Guides and then click on Manuals and then scroll down to how to order a paper copy. It will give the option of ordering on line or contacting Helm to order them. Order on line and it’s free, just make sure you get a confirmatory email before the time runs out. Takes a few weeks to get it.

20. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

And while you're at it order your reading/magnifying glasses.

21. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

And while you're waiting, download the PDF version of the Owners Manual, which is both easier to read because it's zoomable, and easier to find information because it's searchable.
    http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/AH/ATRW1818OM/enu/ATRW1818OM.PDF

Honda worked hard to cram all the info into a manual that would fit into the glove box, but @MPower is right, if the text had been large enough to read, the Owners Manual would have had to live in the trunk.

MPower likes this.
  22. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

Even as it is, if your parking break gives out, you could use it as a chock.

insightman likes this.