Check engine light - Clarity PHEV

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by leehoewonek, Jan 27, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. leehoewonek

leehoewonek Member

Here in Ottawa, our Clarity spent it's first night outside at -15c, plugged in to 120V. This morning when my wife went to drive home, the check engine light was on the whole way.

I hooked up an OBD2 scanner and the two codes present were PODA8 and P1A91.

I looked them up and this is what I found:

P0DA8 - HV cell voltage sensor software - there was a recall for the Accord Hybrid about this a couple of years ago.

P1A91 - 14 Volt Power Module Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit Low Voltage.

Am I the first to see these? If anyone has had them, how involved was the fix?

Thanks,

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

A quick search showed you are the first to post those codes, so you'll be the guinea pig for what's involved. I hope it's a simple and quick fix.

4. leehoewonek

leehoewonek Member

So the dealer cleared the codes and said that cold temps can cause a slight dip in voltage when you start the car, and that triggers these codes. If it happens again I have to bring it back and they'll dig deeper. I mentioned that here in Ottawa we regularly hit -30C, so if the car can't go to -15C without an error code then that's a design flaw. We'll see...

5. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Interesting. 5F would be somewhat routine for many places that a Clarity lives in the U.S. Thanks for posting the codes. I wonder if we'll see more of those.