Charge door button

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by BobS, Feb 24, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. BobS

BobS Active Member

IMG_0381.JPG My wife was having a hard time finding the button to open the charge door, especially in the dark. Solution: I attached a small piece of grey felt to the button. The color is different so it is easy to see, it is raised about an 1/8 inch and fuzzy so it can easily felt. (Feel the felt, pardon the pun.)

Attached Files:

MPower likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

There is also the button on the remote control

Rav likes this.
  4. Rav

Rav Member

I'm still wondering why it has a lock feature? Seems useless to me.

Mariner91 likes this.
  5. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    Good solution Bob. I find myself having trouble finding it in the dark too.

6. Mariner91

Mariner91 Member

Good point lol

Rav likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

It’s only useless until some #%*&$ miscreant plays with it and leaves the lid open in the rain or worse yet vandalizes it. Then the huge repair bill would make you wish it locked. Probably the lawyers also said lock it up to avoid the lawsuits.

Edited to reflect charging door not fuel door but reasons to have it locked apply to both. (Vandalism and safety).

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  9. Rav

Rav Member

i was referring to the charging port, not the gas tank.

10. ab13

ab13 Active Member

Same reason, someone can damage the port.

11. lanb

lanb Active Member

Agreed, in fact I wish they had a way to lock/secure the supplied charging cord when charging from public 110V outlets like apartments/hotels.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Just yesterday I was thanking Honda for putting the charge-port door button in the upper left of that button panel. In total darkness my finger can follow the corner of the indent for the button panel down to that exact button. Even when it's not dark, I never bother to look.

AlanSqB likes this.
  14. AlanSqB

AlanSqB Active Member

If you'd like, you can pick up one of those small, luggage style locks. There's a small hole in the button on the charge handle that will accommodate the lock and prevent the button from being pressed. It's not Fort Knox, but could stop a casual thief.